Chapter 6

No One's POV

After the fight, the 4th Squad members went to work.

Ichigo called over Orihime to help Lucy. When she finished healing what she could, Lucy was moved into the Squad 4 Hospital. There, Captain Unohana was able to study Lucy's condition more.

She left the room and walked up to Lucy's friends were in. They all crowded her, hoping for good news.

"Don't worry, she will be fine, but she is in a coma. It is hard to tell when she will wake up. She had severe injuries."

They all sighed.

"We should begin the reconstruction of the Seireitei. We can't just sit here. Let's go," Captain Kyouraku ordered. They all left the room, going in separate ways, volunteering to help anyone.

-=-=-

3 Month's Later

The Seireitei had finally been rebuilt, though only a couple of buildings were severely damaged. A new problem came to the Soul Reapers in the form of Bounts. Everyone was busy dealing with them in the World of the Living.

Meanwhile, Lucy was in a deep sleep in her mindscape.

Tsuki and Kasai stood next to her, "Lucy. It's time for you to wake up. Your friends need you."

"Wake up!"

Lucy jolted up in her hospital bed. She was breathing heavily. Lieutenant Isane ran into the room.

"Lucy! Someone get Captain Unohona!" She yelled at another Soul Reaper and held Lucy in her arms, "It's okay, calm down. You're safe. Take deep breaths."

As Lucy slowed down her breathing, Captain Unohana came into the room. She ordered one of her squad members to alert Lucy's friends.

Captain Unohana gave Lucy one last check-up before telling her the injuries she had. Lucy had a minor concussion and a couple wounds that were still healing up. By the time she finished, Lucy's friends crowded into the room.

"How long have I been asleep?" Lucy asked.

"About 3 months or so," Captain Kyouraku answered.

"Oh..."

Ichigo changed the subject, "Anyways, how are you feeling?"

"My head kinda hurts, but other than that I feel fine."

"That's good."

"Hey, what happened to Aizen?" Lucy was curious.

They all looked down, and Rukia clenched her fist, "The bastard got away..."

"I see... So, when can I get out of here?"

"Captain Unohana is going to get something for your head real quick and then you can be released," Captain Kyouraku replied.

"Alright."

-=-=-

-Time Skip-

Lucy's POV

After I was given something to help with her headache, I was released. I was able to say goodbye to Ichigo and his friends.

Afterward, I went up to the cherry blossom tree and sat against the tree trunk. I began to cry. Aizen had betrayed us. I looked up to him as my brother; he betrayed me, and it hurt like hell.

I cried until the sun went down. I soon fell asleep under the tree.

-=-=-