Chapter 3

Lucy's POV

"M-Me?! No way! Are you sure?!" I stepped outside with him.

"I'm pret-," He stopped mid-sentence and stared at me with shock written on his face, "Are you holding TWO zanpakutos?"

I looked at him, confused, "Yeah, I just got them tonight. Why?"

"Because usually Soul Reapers only get one zanpakuto. It is extremely rare for anyone to get TWO zanpakutos. I only know of one other person who wields two," he smiled at me, "Pack your things. You are going to enroll in the Soul Reaper Academy."

-=-=-

A year and a half passed by and I graduated early. I had started putting my swords diagonally on my back in an "X" like manner. I was at the top of my classes along with my best friend, Ayama Hirei. We had met on my first day in the academy. She has a great, friendly personality and she also has a sense of humor, well... not exactly "humor," but she tries.

Today was the day that the select few people, that graduated early, got assigned to their squads. Ayama got into Squad 10. It was finally my turn.

"Lucy Heartfilia, you will be assigned to Squad 8."

I nodded, "Thank you."

I walked out of the room and heard Ayama yell from behind me, "Hey, Lucy!"

"Hello, Ayama-san."

"I'm so happy that I got into squad 10! Captain Hitsugaya is so cool! You got into squad 8 right?"

I nod.

"By the way, Lucy! Do you mind if I call you Lu-chan from now on?!"

I stiffened for a second, 'Levy...'

I then relax, "Sure. I don't see why not," I smile at her.

"Cool. Anyways I got to go meet with the captain now. See ya later, Lu-chan! !"

I waved and walked to my own captain's office.

Throughout my years in the academy, everyone had found out that I remembered my life... before I died. They told me how rare it was. I was just happy that I was able to remember my nakama and my friends. On top of that, I wielded two zanpakutos. People fawned over how cool I was, but I never really cared.

-=-=-

-Squad 8 Captain's Office-

'Is he drunk?!'

My new captain was currently going on about his "Beloved Nanao-chan." Lieutenant Ise looked annoyed.

"Anyways..." My captain started, looking serious for a second before blurting out, "Welcome to Squad 8!" He said this with an eye smile and a goofy grin.

I sweatdropped, as I had actually believed he was gonna be serious for a second, but noooo he was still acting like a child.

"So, Lucy-san, I heard that you actually remember your previous life. Not only that, but you actually wield two zanpakutos as well. Correct?" Captain Kyouraku asked.

"H-Hai..."

"Both extremely rare," he put a hand up to his chin before looking up at me, "Could you maybe tell me more about you zanpakutos?"

"Sure Captain. The one pointing to my left is Tsuki, he can control lightning, and the one pointing to my right is Kasai, she can control fire, and she can also heal wounds. Tsuki is a wolf and Kasai is a phoenix.

"Thank you for telling us more, Lucy," he smiled.

"It was my pleasure, Captain!" I smiled back at him.

"You may go now, Lucy. You know where the squad barracks are, right?"

"I do. Thank you!" I bowed, "Bye Captain Kyouraku and Lieutenant Ise!" And with that, I was on my way.

I was walking around the Seireitei when I caught sight someone familiar out of the corner of my eyes.

"Captain Aizen-sama!" I ran up to him.

"Oh, Lucy, it's nice to see you!" He smiled warmly.

We began to walk and talk together. We laughed, told stories, and shared information about each other.

This went on for the next couple of years. We'd meet up on a hill, next to a cherry blossom tree. We talked, drank tea, spoke about our days or recent missions, and sometimes he even helped me train.

We had become close in the six years that I had been an official Shinigami. He was like an older brother to me.

I had also become closer to my squad Captain and Lieutenant. Captain Kyouraku had become like a father to me and Lieutenant Ise was like a sister.

Over the years Captain Kyouraku had also helped me sharpen my skills in wielding two swords at once and I had mastered it quickly.

I had also risen up to 3rd Seat in Squad 8, and Ayama had gotten up to 4th Seat in Squad 10.

I was happy with my new life. I made many more friends with other captains and lieutenants, as well as with some of Ayama's new friends.

Sadly, some things just don't last forever.