Chapter 4

Lucy's POV

It's been about 8 years since I died. Wow, time sure does pass by fast. My captain had just informed me about Rukia's situation. I told him that I thought it wasn't fair since we were taught to do anything to protect the humans in the world of the living. Captain Kyouraku had agreed, but he said that orders were orders. I went back to my room and relaxed for a few hours.

I was in my mindscape talking to Tsuki and Kasai, who was in human form when I started hearing sirens in the outside world. I said goodbye and quickly left my mindscape. An announcement played throughout the Seireitei, "Ryoka have been spotted in the Seireitei! I repeat! Ryoka have been spotted in the Seireitei!" I quickly exited my room and began to flash step around the area. It took a while but I finally spotted an orange haired boy, who looked about my age. Well, when I was alive anyway.

I saw Ikkaku on the ground, bleeding. I noticed that the Ryoka was bleeding a bit too.

"He beat you, Ikkaku?" A grin was plastered on my face.

Both of their heads whipped around to look at me. Ikkaku's eyes widened a tiny bit as he saw me.

"Ichigo, you need to run. She is too powerful for you right now," Ikkaku warned.

" Ichigo, was it? May I ask something?" He nodded, so I continued, "Why are you risking everything to save Rukia?"

"... Because she risked everything to save me and my family."

"I see. Then I'll help you," I gave him a genuine smile.

Ikkaku and Ichigo stared at me.

"I'm sorry, but why are you going to help me?"

"Rukia doesn't deserve to die. We were taught to do anything in order to protect humans."

"Ah, I see. Thank You."

Just then, another ryoka rounded the corner and ran to stand beside Ichigo.

"Let us through or I'll beat you to a pulp!" He shouted.

"Relax Ganju, she's on our side."

Ganju looked hesitant, "... Uh, alright... I guess."

"What's your name?" He asked.

"My name is Lucy Heartfilia."

The three of us started heading towards the tower that Rukia was held in. Renji had fought Ichigo but lost. After we reached the top of the stairs, we felt an immense amount of spiritual pressure. We stopped. The Captain of Squad 11 jumped down from a pillar.

"Well, if it isn't Lucy Heartfilia."

I glared at him. Ichigo stepped up, "Lucy, Ganju let me fight him. You guys go on ahead."

"Right."

Ganju and I ran. When we got to the tower, Ganju took out the guard and I kicked down the doors. Rukia looked surprised, then angry.

"Are you guys idiots! Now you guys are in danger too!"

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, yeah. We are rescuing you. A thank you would be nice. Anyways lets go."

We got outside and when he saw Rukia, Ganju looked pissed.

"You?!"

Rukia's eyes widened when she saw the Shiba clan symbol. Before they could continue, we sensed another large amount of spiritual pressure. Slowly walking across the bridge was none other than Captain Byakuya Kuchiki. Ganju recklessly charges at the Captain. In a flash, Ganju fell on the ground with many cuts.

"Ganju you idiot," I muttered under my breath. Captain Kuchiki and I stared at each other for a couple seconds.

I walk over to Ganju and drew out Kasai, "Sing, Fenikkusu Kasai!"

The blade was crimson red and was forked in the middle, the gap was about 1 cm wide. The hilt was white with a black ribbon attached to it. At the end of the ribbon was a white, metal phoenix.

"Heaven's Dance." White Feathers covered Ganju's wounds, healing him. Once he was healed, I drew back the feathers.

I aimed at Captain Kuchiki, "Ignite," The blade was engulfed in white, hot flames. I flash stepped in front of him and swung down. His Senbonzakura petals gathered and stopped my blade. I flash stepped away and summoned some feathers. They were covered in white-hot flames. He flash stepped away and the feathers pierced the ground. He sent his Senbonzakura after me. I flash stepped away but his Senbonzakura was fast. It caught up with me and only gave me some cuts because I was able to flash step in time. This went on for a couple of minutes. Me dodging and getting more cuts from Senbonzakura.

"Lucy, why don't you just give up?" I had a numerous amount of cuts all over my body by now. I saw Rukia looking worried so I gave her a grin. I continued to flash step away from Senbonzakura until I felt someone else's reiatsu.

"You're late," I stated, looking a bit annoyed. I looked over at the orange haired boy.

"Oops," was all he said. I grew a tick mark but quickly calmed down. I scanned him one more time. He was covered in bandages. 'Damnit!'

"Ichigo, you can't beat him right now. We should fall back. Don't worry, we'll come back for her, I promise."

"No! We've come this far already!" Ichigo shouted. He got into a fighting stance, and Captain Kuchiki was about to release his Shikai again but he was stopped by someone.

'Who's that?'