Chapter 4

(M/N)'s pov:

I woke up with a jolt. What was that dream? It was so weird. But it felt so real.. I looked towards my alarm clock and frowned. Time for school. I quickly changed into my uniform in less than 10 minutes, didn't bother to brush my hair. Slowly walking down the stairs, I peeked into the living room..no one's here.

"Mom?" I called out. My voice echoed throughout the empty house. My eyes widened when they landed upon the large amount of blood staining the cream white carpet. Yesterday's fight..it was bad wasn't it? I grabbed my bag and left the house without breakfast. I can't see this anymore.

"(M/N)!" A soft high pitched voice yelled from across me. A smile found its way onto my face. "Hey kitty." She was indeed one of my only childhood friends who stuck with me until the end. She hopped towards me and started to skip. Her bright blonde hair bouncing up and down.

"You look dead." she beamed, poking my face. I smacked her hand back down. "I feel dead too." Worry formed in her deep blue eyes. She was always so concerned about me.

"Do..your parents have anything to do with it?" She didn't know how right she was. A simple nod from me was enough to make her understand the pain I had went through last night. Her soft fingers came in contact with my rough and unbrushed hair. "You should really call the police (M/N).." I flinched automatically denying the idea.

"I wouldn't be with my mom then. Wouldn't have a comfy bed to sleep on. I'd lose everything and be kept in an orphanage or a stupid foster home." My explanation worried her more, but I couldn't seem to care.