9. Hello Brightness, My Friend

Tequila's POV

"So all these are all yours?" I gape as he leads me one by one into his line of businesses.

"Yup." He says rather proud of himself and I nod in a appreciation.

There was a huge clothing store packed with people, another apartment complex, a hotel and a Cafe.

All with Ace's name on them. We entered the cafe first and I blew out air since the Italian weather was quite unpredictable.

"The last time we were here, I was in the hospital." I snort and he sighs.

"Don't remind me." He grips my waist as everyone's eyes widen. "Y'know you're famous right?"

"I'm what?"

"Well, you're the wife of a sexy billionaire. Duh." I roll my eyes at his smugness. "Did I tell you how good you looked today." He murmurs against my ear as everyone clears the line so he could order.

"Only a few times, I wouldn't mind hearing it again." I tease and he grins.

"You look absolutely stunning baby."

"Thanks love, you don't look too bad yourself."

"Mr. Marcel!" The blonde man exclaims too happily and Ace doesn't even smile. But I do! "And  Mrs. Marcel."

"Hi!" I grin happily as he sneakily eyes me in disgust.

Well then.

"What will you have today?"

"Anything the lady wants."

I order the chocolate cupcakes with a vanilla mocha, while Ace orders the mint tea with ginger biscuits.

"Enjoy your meal." The blonde smiles dreamily at Ace and I almost pee myself trying not to laugh.

We walk to a booth, sitting while he plays with my hand.

"How does it feel?" He motions to the tattoo and I shrug.

"Its getting better. I really like it." I murmur more to myself and he smiles.

"I was thinking we go on the waters tomorrow, romantic sailing, wear a swimsuit so it'll be easy access." He winks and my eyes widen.

"Please stop it." I groan dropping my head as he laughs loudly. "I'm proud of you babe. . you're 26 and yet, you've overcame and established so much. You're amazing." Something deep flashes in his eyes as he leans forward, moving his eyes to outside the glass, staring at the busy world before us. He seemed to be in thought, his face more serious as he continued lightly massaging my hands.

"Ace?" I call, my mouth dropping open. "Are you crying babe?" When he sniffs, not looking at me, I stand abruptly, moving to his side. "Babe don't cry." I pull his head onto my chest and he just sighs.

"My gang members would kill me." His voice was hoarse as I hummed, running a hand through his hair. "I love you so much T. . . f-ck."

"Shh, I know you do. .  I love you too."

"Also, I think the guy with the blonde hair has a thing for me."

"I think so too." I giggle, continuing the running sensation since he's gotten comfortable with his head on my chest.

Five minutes later, the blonde delivers our goodies himself, grinning widely at Ace who look unamused.

"Thank you." I smile at him and he just nods at me.

"Sir is it to your liking?" He speaks up, his voice getting higher and I hide my smile I'm my cupcake.

"Get out." Ace growls and I choke. He turns to me worried, as I cough harshly. "Before you go get me some water."

The confused and flustered man does as said, and soon I'm gulping down cool water.

"May I ask why? My shift isn't over."

"You're fired George."

"Sir my name is Jo—"

"George."

× × ×

"I can't believe you fired him." I sigh, swinging my legs as I sat on the bed.

"He was rude, flirting with his boss basically?"

"He didn't even say anything!" I provoke.

"Its all in the eyes babe. In the eyes." I roll my eyes, laying back as he types of his laptop. He had something important to attend to while I just laid bored.

My mind drifted to Reid. Where was he? Is he okay? Does he still have the same phone number?

Maybe if I. . .

"Hey babe?"

"Yes baby?" He says distracted.

"I'm going to use the bathroom. .down the hall it looks nice." He shakes his head, looking at me weirdly but I think he's come to terms that there's a loose screw somewhere up here.

I escape with my phone, pressing the familiar number after locking the door.

My heart echoed in my chest as I played with the necklace hidden under my shirt, Ace knew I wore it, but he always stared at it like he wanted it to disappear through thin air.

The moments were tense as it began to ring.

He still has it then?

It rings. . and rings. . . and rings. . and rings. . . . . . .  .

And rings.

But he never picked up. With a frown and a deflated heart I moved towards the door, only for my phone to light up again.

"Reid!" I answered quickly.

"Tequila?" Came his raspy voice.

"Oh my gosh Reid. . you. . you're—"

"You can't call me Tequila, you'll get both of us in trouble." He whispers and I frown.

"Reid. . . are you okay? What's happening?"

'I know you're worried but its better this way." His voice broke and I shook my head as tears pricked mine.

"Reid is your life being threatened? Please let me know whats going on. ."

"Tequila. . I love you okay? You're my best friend and the only one who's ever really been there for me. . . but I have to go. Please don't call again. ." my heart broke hearing those words but it must be something serious.

"Okay. ." I whisper. "I love you. . too. ." but the line already went dead. I take a deep breath, calming my nerves before unlocking the door and swinging it open.

"Did you enjoy your conversation?"