Chapter 4: A trip to Urania

Shoko was sitting in the throne room, rubbing his head in frustration. The kings and queens who didn’t knock on his door and demand unification sent letters. The letters kept coming one after another. Some of the letters threatened to blackmail and even to declare war. The pressure was rising.

  “They’re getting desperate,” Shoko said to himself. “Eventually they will want to attack me, and the people I care about. I need to think of something soon.”

  Shoko sighed in frustration just as Ashtin walked into the throne room.

  “Ah, good morning Ashtin,” said Shoko. “I trust that you are faring well?”

  “I couldn’t sleep,” she said. “Especially after what happened last night.”

  “Ah, yes, that is true,” said Shoko. “Looking at an angry Karsyn is pretty traumatizing.”

  Ashtin couldn’t help but laugh. At that precise moment, the messenger, Kody, entered the throne room and bowed.

  “You have a message from Urania my king,” he said. “Specifically from Queen Desiree.”

  “Oh? That’s odd,” said Shoko. “Douglas is usually the one who sends a letter.”

  Shoko took the letter and began reading it.

  Dear Shoko,

  It has been quite some time since we’ve last spoken hasn’t it? I still remember when you first came to Urania. You had the most adorable little face! To think that that was only a few years ago. Things have gotten really boring here in Urania. Douglas is always observing the knights as they prepare for the stupid war. I barely have anyone to talk to now. I was hoping you could stop by today so we could maybe catch up.

  Yours sincerely,

  Queen Desiree of Urania.

  Shoko got up from his throne.

  “Shall I send a return letter to her, my king?” asked Kody.

  “There is no need for that,” said Shoko. “There is a new technique that allows me to go from one place to another in seconds. This is the perfect opportunity to attempt it.”

  Shoko closed his eyes and dissolved into shadows right before their very eyes. Kody actually fainted. Shoko reappeared outside the kingdom of Urania. It was an overall peaceful kingdom, and was always bustling with activity. The castle was about 7 stories tall, had 4 towers, and was surrounded by a moat.

  “Well, it actually worked,” Shoko thought to himself. “I’m in one piece and everything.”

  Shoko began walking through the kingdom and advancing towards the castle. A lot of the people were looking at him as if he wasn’t human, and to a certain extent, they were right. One little kid looked up at his mother.

  “Mother, who is that?” the boy asked.

  “That’s Shoko, the king of the kingdom of Obsidian, and the leader of the Reapers,” the mother replied, her herself being in awe. “I never thought I would actually see him in person.”

  Shoko eventually arrived at the moat, outside the castle walls. One of the guards on the wall looked down at Shoko.

  “Excuse me, state your name and intentions!” he yelled.

  “I am Shoko, and I was invited by Queen Desiree,” Shoko answered.

  “Open the gates!” yelled the guard. The gates of the castle opened, and Shoko went through them and entered the castle.