11|IF ALL ELSE FAILS

Ally sat with her legs crossed and her hands in her lap. She looked directly at Natasha, her lips in a thin line. Natasha knew Ally too well to be intimidated by her but even she could feel the coldness of her piercing stare.

"It wasn't my choice," she spoke. "It's just the best choice for him."

"And the Accords? Not your choice either right?"

"Ally did you even read them?" Natasha questioned. "It makes the most sense for the time being."

"I just didn't think you'd be the one to give up so fast," Ally shrugged. "Guess the only thing that can squish a spider is the government."

"Watch it," Natasha warned. "We're all on the same side."

"I don't know how much longer that'll last," Ally turned her attention to Steve as he walked in with Sam. "What'd Tony say to you?"

"Tried to get me to sign, I refused," Steve explained. "You're needed somewhere else Nat."

Natasha nodded, sending an apologetic smile to Ally. "Just think about it."

"There he is." Steve pointed at a small television screen, showcasing Bucky in his contained cell.

"They've caged him like an animal," Ally bit her lip nervously. "He won't tell them anything if he's treated like a monster Steve."

Sharon Carter entered the small office space, handing Sam a small slip of paper. "The receipt for your gear."

"Bird costume?" Sam groaned. "Come on."

"I didn't write it," Sharon rolled her eyes, turning to greet Ally. "Doctor Jones."

"Agent Carter." Ally responded, the words sounding all too familiar on her lips.

Sharon looked around before carefully pressing a button allowing the audio from Bucky's evaluation. Ally sat up in her chair, watching intently as Bucky sat emotionless.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky."

"Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" Steve questioned.

"Get the word out," Sharon suggested. "Involve as many eyes as we can?"

"Right," Steve nodded. "It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier."

Sharon raised her eyebrow. "You're saying someone framed him to find him?"

"Steve we looked for this guy for two years and found nothing," Sam added. "How do we really know he's been with Ally this whole time?"

"Careful Wilson," Ally defended. "He was framed, there's no possible way he could've done it."

"He didn't bomb the UN," Steve confirmed. "That turns a lot of heads."

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him," Sharon said, her eyes narrowing. "It guarantees that we would."

Steve frowned. "Yeah."

"Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal, haven't you?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You fear that... if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry," the evaluator told Bucky. "We only have to talk about one."

The lights shut off and in seconds, everyone reacted. "What the hell?" Ally jumped from her chair. "What just happened?"

"I think whoever wanted Bucky just found him," Steve looked at Ally. "We should have never of brought him here."