EPILOGUE II

Warning: Don't read this if you haven't seen Avengers: Endgame yet. It's a quick summary of Endgame but more so the end events.

When Thanos' snap wiped out half the universe, Alchemy Jones was amongst the many that disappeared. Steve Rogers was almost grateful for this, he wasn't sure Ally could handle losing Bucky again. However, he was determined to get her back. Everyone was determined to get them back, no matter the cost. Valerie VanDyke had not survived the snap the way Clara Uchimura did, it was just Steve and Clara.

When the snap was reversed and everyone was brought back, it was then and there that Ally had to make a choice the same way Steve had. They would travel back in time together to put the infinity stones back where they came from. Bucky and Ally volunteered to go with Steve, they were a trio after all. It was an easy choice, especially after the funeral of Tony Stark, Ally knew she had to be with her family no matter what now.

Sam Wilson, Clint Barton, Bruce Banner, Valerie VanDyke and Clara all stood around the time machine, patiently waiting for the three to return..but they didn't. Clara turned to Bruce, demanding he bring them back. Bruce was as confused as everyone else, unsure of what had happened. There was silence for a long time before Sam pointed to three people looking over the horizon of the lake.

"It can't be..." Clara looked at Sam. "It can't."

Sam looked as confused as everyone else, walking slowly towards the three mysterious figures. Clara followed close behind, completely bewildered.

"You got old Lady America." Sam chuckled, nearing the three strangers who weren't strangers at all.

Despite her frail appearance and gentle expression, Sam and Clara knew what was truly behind that facet of wrinkles. Stubborn and headstrong, with a tongue so sharp, one could nearly be sliced in two if the woman believed you to be worth her time in the very least, let alone bothered to utter a word to you at all. It was Ally Jones.

"Don't be rude." Clara shushed him.

"Did something go very wrong or very right?" Sam questioned, glancing at Steve Rogers.

"I thought I'd try and live that life Tony talked so much about." Steve responded.

Ally smiled softly, age doing nothing to her but greying her hair. "It was a beautiful life."

"You're not coming back, are you?" Clara asked, reaching for Ally's hand and squeezing it softly.

"You did good kid," Ally insisted. "You're in the right hands, I'm not worried."

"I'm not either," Clara sniffled. "I just don't want to live a life without Alchemy Jones."

"I don't want to live in a world without Captain America." Sam agreed.

"Let's take a walk Clara," Ally stood up, her legs weak from age. "I have something to show you."

Clara looked back at Bucky and Steve, they nodded their heads. Ally wrapped her arm around Clara's as they walked across the lake shore. She stood quite tall and slim, her short grey hair neat and likely styled with old fashioned rollers. Clara noticed Ally's neck scarf, patterned with small roses. It made her smile to herself. "You went back," Clara stated. "You lived a life."