12|ONE OF TWO

Every food was cardboard. No amount of chewing made it possible to swallow. Clara couldn't seem to figure out what was wrong with her. She missed Ally terribly, she knew Valerie was avoiding her. The Avengers seemed to be falling apart. The Accords seemed reasonable to her but everyone else had different opinions on it.

She sat lonesomely at the top floor of the Avengers headquarters, listening to the classical music Vision preferred. Clara flipped through her book, deciding what she would do next. Her options were very limited: call Ally for the millionth time or try to find Valerie somewhere in the building.

"Hey Clara," Wanda greeted. "What are you reading?"

"Just some book I found on the shelf," she responded. "Any news from them?"

"Last I heard Ally, Steve and Sam were arrested along with T'Challa and Bucky."

"T'Challa?" Clara raised her eyebrow. "Prince of Wakanda?"

"That's the one," Wanda confirmed. "It's a mess."

A sudden explosion brought their attention to the window. Vision quickly joined them. He gave them a fretful look before saying. "Stay here, please."

Vision went through the glass window, his powers never seizing to astonish Clara. The two girls quickly spun around, Clara grabbing a gun from one of Natasha's secret hiding spots and Wanda using her magic to send a knife directly in the intruders direction.

"Guess I shoulda knocked." Clint Barton grinned.

"Oh my god!" Wanda exclaimed, the knife dropping to the ground. "What are you doing here?"

"Disappointing my kids," he shot two of his arrows on both sides of the room. "I'm supposed to go water skiing. Cap needs our help, come on."

"You remember Clara from Sokovia right?" Wanda questioned.

"Sure," Clint said hurriedly. "Ally's sidekick–"

"Clint," Vision retorts. "You should not be here."

Clint turned around. "Really? I retire for, what, like five minutes, and it all goes to shit."

"Please consider the consequences." Vision pleaded.

"Okay, they're considered. Okay, we gotta go," Vision is suddenly held in a force field, crackling and sparking between the two arrows. "It's this way."

"I've caused enough problems." Wanda stepped back.

Clint frowned. "You gotta help me, Wanda. Look, you wanna mope, go to high school. You wanna make amends, you get off your ass," Vision broke through the force field seconds later. "Shit." Vision punched Clint to the ground but he quickly recovered, the two started battling each other.

"Clint," Vision tried. "You can't overpower me."

"I can't, but she can."

"Vision, that's enough," magenta light formed in the palms of Wanda's hands. "Let him go. I'm leaving."

"I can't let you."

She held her hands apart, glowing with energy. Clint slipped from Vision's grasp and ran over to Clara. "I'm sorry."

"If you do this, they'll never stop being afraid of you."

"I can't control their fear, only my own," she moved closer. Vision glowed from within and crashed through the floor, and several floors beneath. Wanda, Clara and Clint stand over the holes in the floors. "Clara you don't have to come with us."

"Are you kidding?" Clara grinned. "Finally some action."

"Oh... Come on. We got one more stop."