Chapter four- Inner Battles

Sasuke smirked as he stepped forward onto the concrete battle floor, his opponent stood stoically across the room from him, his mask covering any expression he might have.

Hayate coughed dryly, "Hajime." The battle was quick, Sasuke was declared the winner after using Rock Lee's Lion's Barrage.

Yoroi was taken away by the medics and everyone's attention was now directed to the monitor once more, names flashed on the screen until Sabaku Konkurō vs Tsurugi Misumi.

This battle was fairly quick as well, Kankurō being victorious in the end after using his puppet to trick Misumi. Kankurō cockily walked next to Hinata and slung an arm around her, "Hey babe, what's your name?"

Hinata shrugged his arm off as Sakura and Ino were about to face off, "Hina. Just Hina."

Kankurō smirked as Hinata watched Sakura tie her headband around her forehead instead of on top of her head, "I won't lose to you here Ino!" Hinata watched with slightly softened eyes as she watched Sakura create clones and race towards the Yamanaka Heiress.

"Well, you should come to Suna some time, so we can... Get to know each other..." Kankurō shamelessly gave her a once over and nodded with a perverted smile and blush.

Hinata ignored him and watched as Sakura dodged Ino's punch and sent one of her own into Ino's abdomen, sending her into the wall and declaring Sakura the winner. Sakura cheered and quickly made her way back up to the ledge next to her Sensei who was watching Hinata closely, suspicion in his single eye.

Sakura also gazed at Hinata with sad eyes, she stood next to an indifferent Sasuke who glanced at the ex-Hyuuga from time to time.

The next match was Inuzuka Kiba vs Uzumaki Naruto. It was obvious everyone assumed Kiba to win, but of course, the unpredictable Uzumaki Naruto came out on top, exceeding everyone's expectations.

Naruto cheered excitedly in the center of the floor and gazed at Hinata, somewhat longingly... He walked up the stairs and stood next to her, but said nothing, just watched her with sad eyes.

Kiba was taken by the medical team and Hinata watched him go with a heavy heart, he and Shino were like brothers to her. And they betrayed her, they left her.

Hinata watched as the next two names appeared on the large monitor; Hina vs Hyuuga Neji. Hinata felt the hate in her body surge and her seal pulsed, egging her rage on. The power wanting to be released.

Taking a breath, Hinata shunshined to the center of the floor and watched as Neji arrogantly made his way down the stairs, already thinking it was going to be an easy win.

Hinata watched with blank eyes, locking away her emotions and trying not to give into the seal, 'I'll need to ask Danzō-sama to check the seal once more.'

Neji glared at her as Hayatecoughed once into his hand, "Hajime."

Like a crack of the whip, Hinata was gone and behind Neji, she knew he would activate his Byakugan so she jumped in the air in his blind spot. She threw a kunai, purposely missing him and disappeared once more, making Neji turn red in anger, "Show yourself, you coward!"

Hinata complied with his demand and appeared right before him, and sent a roundhouse kick to his face, making Neji fly backward and slam into the wall. Hinata smirked as she heard a sickening crack once her foot made contact with his face, "Strongest Genin? Feh, I've seen academy student better."

Neji stood up shakily and wiped the blood from his now-broken nose, his hair falling out of it usual ponytail. His face red with anger and embarrassment, "You...!" He sped forward, his Byakugan flaring and his palm raised threateningly.

Hinata merely raised her eyebrow and sidestepped his attack with ease, she glanced at Danzō, who watched her with hard eyes. 'I better end this now...'

While she was lost in thought, Neji took Hinata by surprise while he thrust a palm into her side, sending her across the floor. Hinata didn't feel any pain, her rage was growing and she felt something around her change but she ignored it kept her face a blank slate as she disappeared once more and reappeared in Neji's blind spot.

She raised her palm and enhanced it with chakra, sending it into Neji's back. Neji was thrown into the concrete, the force of her attack creating a crater underneath the male, she raised another palm, but she was pulled out of it when she felt a grip on her wrist and shoulder.

She turned around to see Kurenai gripping her wrist, Gai crouching over Neji's body and Kakashi holding her shoulder nonchalantly. Hinata glared at them and shook off their holds,  she glared long and hard at Kurenai who held a hand to her mouth and gasped, "Hi-Hinata?!"

Hinata froze and looked at her now raven, blue-tinted hair. 

'Shit.'

TBC

A/N: Sooo this is hella short buuut it seemed like a good place to end it. Don't we all love a good cliffhanger?

Love me! :3 <3

Review Please!!!