Pref: Parent/Kid pt.2

18. They're the parent, you're in the schoolplay

Warning: Language, i suppose. I'm gonna quit these warnings as well, i think everyone here can handle the word HECK (Buildings explode as you read this word, the Pyramids cave, Michael Jackson comes back from the dead, Steve has a meltdown...)

«Tony Stark»

It was friday morning, the day of the schoolplay, and you couldn't wait. There was only one obstacle left: making sure your dad did not find out. You had lived with Tony Stark for sixteen years now and you knew exactly what would happen if you told him you had gotten the lead in your school play. He would get over-excited, invite all the people he could and straight up embarrass you. In your mind flayed the image of hundreds of SHIELD agents watching the show, chills ran down your spine.

So, you packed all your stuff for school and the play and sat down for breakfast, Tony wasn't out of bed yet. Or so you thought, you took a bite out of your French toast (which Jarvis had magically summoned) when your father and Steve Rogers walked in. Happily chatting and carrying plastic bags they didn't even notice you.
"Morning dad," you said and smirked. "How was your date?" You asked ant Tony gave you a look. "(Y/n), please, stop reading all those fanfictions." He said and kissed your forehead.

"Any plans for today?" Steve asked as he sat down next to you. You shook your head and looked at the clock. "Just school in a bit. Which means I have to go, bye Steve, bye dad!" You screamed so Tony could hear it. He yelled something back but you were already out the door. On your way to school you grabbed your bag and searched for your lines, your heart skipped a beat when you realized you were reading them during breakfast. It was too late to turn around the car and get them. You grabbed your phone and searched for Jarvis, bless your fathr that he made Jarvis call-able.

"Jarvis? Hi? It's (Y/n)."
"Hello Ms. Stark, what can I do for you?"
"I-I left a piece of paper on the bar? Can you make sure Tony doesn't find it? He really can't..."
"Of course, Ms. Is that all?"
"That's all, thanks J."
You hung up and a relieved sigh left your lips, everything was going to be fine.

It was three o'clock and the play was starting in half an hour. You were sitting in a comfortable chair while Cherry, a sweet sophomore, was doing your make-up. "So, is your dad coming?" She asked while she finished up your eyeshadow. "No, he's not." You answered. "How come? You're playing the lead, don't you think he should see?" "I think he'd make a mess of everything. And that's not because he's a bad person, he's just a little too-excited about these things." Cherry told you to open your eyes and thereby ended the conversation about your father. You did feel a little guilty about not inviting him. But you knew it was for the best, right?
You heard the lighta click off and the room went silent, someone walked on stage. "Ladies and gentlemen, and everything in between, I present to you..." And the play had begun.

The ending was the best, you walked on stage with the other lead Travis and bowed while people threw roses at you from behind the curtains. The spotlight went off and the room was lit again. Your eyes went through the crowd and that's when you saw him. Clapping, in the back of the room, Tony Stark. You stopped waving abruptly and walked off the stage towards him.

"What are you doing here?" You asked. Tony stopped clapping and looked down at you with a look in his eyes you couldn't place. "The calls Jarvis recieves are on speaker. I found your lines," he said and shook his head. "I can not believe you didn't tell me, (Y/n), why is that?" He asked and you froze. "I-I thought... You're always... I wasn't..." The words had gotten lost in your throat and you saw your fathers eyes water a little. "You make such a big deal of things... I didn't want this to be a big deal. I'm sorry, dad. It was stupid..." You said and looked down at your feet. "I only make a big deal out of things because you deserve it, I want you to be happy... I thought you liked it." He said. "I did. When I was younger, I mean, robot unicorns at my nineth were cool, but now?" You said and smiled a little, Tony did too.