Animal Catch Up

The First Encounter

You were driving back to your home in (C/N) after you went to visit family, it had been a fun week spent with them, but now you were driving home at night, as you were driving your eyes took in the scenery around you, the trees and woods passing you by as you drove home, until a large shape suddenly appeared in the road making you swerve the car in a panic to avoid hitting the thing, your car spun on the road, the tyres screeching against the tarmac.

"AAAAAHHHH!" you screamed in terror, your hands clutching the steering wheel so tight your knuckles went white, hoping against hope that the car wouldn't flip over, the car then came to a halt, jostling you in your seat until it came to a stop.

"What the hell was that, a Dog?" you asked yourself as you sat in the driver seat, your heart hammered in your ribs, and you took a couple breaths to try and calm yourself down from nearly hitting whatever it was you encountered.

Suddenly there was a strange sound from the edge of the woods, you looked out of your window and saw a dark shape by the side of the road, you couldn't make it out too well since it was dark, you could make out what looked like fur, and it was pretty big.

"What the hell is that?" you asked yourself, trying to see it better, you took out your bag and went to get your phone so you could use the built in flashlight to see it better, you found your phone, turned on the screen and swiped down, you saw the flashlight icon on the menu and tapped the screen, light quickly flooded the car and you pointed the light through your window, hoping to see what the creature could be, only to see that it was gone.

"Wh-Where did it go?" you asked yourself as you aimed the light around the area you had seen it in, you didn't see any sign of the animal at all, however you did notice something reflecting the light on the road, you were very tempted to roll down your window and look further, but something was screaming at you to start your car and drive.

Suddenly a large shape loomed up at your window, you jumped back screaming and dropping your phone, it landed on the floor with the light shining upwards, illuminating the creature at your window.

It was about the size of a man with some fur on it's back, but the rest of it's body was bare, like a hairless cat or human skin, the skin was a dark grey colour, the top of it's head looked somewhat like a skull with a few quill-like hairs growing from it, it's teeth were long and sharp the ones on the top jaw were poking out of the front of it's snout instead of pointing downwards, while the teeth on the bottom jaw were sharp and pointed upward, it's dark, almost black eyes gazed at you through the window as you froze in terror.

You didn't dare move, the creature's face was inches away from the glass that separated you, it's breath fogging the glass as it gazed at you, you saw that blood was dripping from it's fangs, so it was definitely a meat eater, which meant you really didn't want to make it mad, the creature's eyes studied you intently, it's large claws resting against your car door.

You sat still for what felt like an eternity, your eyes and that of the creature locked as you studied one another, the creature made odd growling sounds as it studied you through your car window, it didn't make any threatening moves or try to break into the car, it just looked at you, then just as suddenly the creature moved away and rushed back in to the forest, leaving you in your car wondering just what the heck was that thing?

The Second Encounter/Taking Them Home

It has been a while since your encounter with the strange creature in the forest, you were in your home sat in your front room in a pair of comfy pyjamas with your laptop resting on your lap, you had been trying to find out what the creature you saw on the road that night was, but so far you hadn't found a single entry about the creature you described in the Google search engine.