My brother (Newt)

Your POV

I stared at the new greenie as Gally jumped down into the box to help him out. He looked so familiar but I couldn't get my mind to remember why. I stayed silent as the rest of the boys laughed at him and made comments about him to one another.

"Day one greenie, rise and shine" Gally spoke before pulling the boy up and out of the box. Greenie fell onto the ground and stared up at us all, the look of fright was painted on his face as everyone laughed at him. He made eye contact with me and froze. It was like he recognised me too.

"Y/N" he whispered.

He stood up immediately and grabbed my wrist before running towards the wall of the glade with me being dragged behind.

"Hey! Let go! What are you doing?! Greenie!" I screeched trying to break free from his grip but he soon tripped over his own feet and dropped to the ground, me following behind. I groaned in pain and stared at the brown haired boy as he stood up slowly and stared at all four walls surrounding us.

I snapped back into reality and heard the other gladers laughing loudly at us from their clump a few metres back. I glared at them and flipped them off before standing up and grabbing the greenies arm to lead him back to Alby.

"Thanks Y/N, you okay?" Alby asked as he gripped the greenies wrists.

"I'm fine" I grumbled and brushed off some mud on my arm. Alby nodded and took the newbie away. I turned to get back to work but bumped into someone instead. Newt.

"What the bloodyhel was that all about?!" He asked confused.

"I don't know" I shrugged.

"Well do you recognise him? Because he seemed to recognise you" he stated and folded his arms.

"Yes I do. But I don't know why! I can't remember how!" I yelled frustratedly. He pulled me close to his chest after I said this and kissed the top of my head.

I've been at the glade for about two years now and Newt and I have been together for a year. Being the only girl in the glade makes Newt extremely over protective of me but I don't mind. I never have.

"Don't worry about it for now. Who knows, when he gets his name back the memory of knowing you might come back with it" he told me. I nodded in response and looked up at him. He smiled down at me and I grinned back. He leaned down and pecked my lips before saying

"Love you"

"Love you too" I said cheekily.

"Right come on, back to work" he said shoving me jokingly towards the homestead where I worked as a medjack.

Time skip- bonfire

I sat with Minho, Ben and the rest of the runners as we watched Gally shove other gladers out of the circle.

"So that was one heck of a stunt you and greenie pulled earlier" Minho said, turning to me.

"Minho I don't know why but I really recognise him. I feel like we knew each other before we got put into the glade" I told him truthfully.

"Can you remember anything?" He asked.

"Not anymore than the rest of you" I mumbled, meaning I still only remember my name.

"Relax, it'll come to you" he assured me. I smiled lightly and watched as newt showed the greenie around. But Gally soon shoved a kid into him and spoke up.

"What'd you say greenie? Give it a go" Gally spoke, gesturing his hands for the boy to go towards him.

I instantly stood up and next to newt as all the other gladers encouraged him to go. Newt rested his arm around my waist and chuckled at everyone's enthusiasm.

I watched as greenie accepted Gally's challenge and stood in the circle with him. I glanced at newt again who seemed intrigued in what was about to happen. I had a bad feeling about this and I wasn't sure why.

I haven't actually spoken to the new guy since our encounter earlier so for all I know he might already know how he recognises me, but I highly doubt it.

I watched as Gally shoved him to the ground and everyone erupted in laughter. I shifted uncomfortably in newts arms but continued to watch. For the second time, Gally pushed him forcefully to the floor and this time I let a small gasp escape my mouth. Newts arms tightened a little as a form of reassurance for me. I watched again as greenie charged towards Gally and flipped him on the floor. I grinned and laughed at Gally who was Laying on the floor in shock.

"Not bad for a greenie huh-" before he could finish his sentence Gally span around and kicked the boys feet causing him to fall hard on the ground.

"GALLY!" I yelled protectively for the greenie as I watched the boy hit his head on the cold hard ground. I escaped newts embrace and ran towards the boy. Some gladers were still laughing as others were watching intently.

I crouched down beside the boy and placed my hands on his side.

"Are you okay?!" I asked worried. He laid there, groaning in pain for a moment. Suddenly I froze as my mind turned to a picture.

I was in a garden of some sort and watched a group of boys playing a game with a ball. They were kicking the ball. A familiar brown haired boy kicked the ball past another boy and into a net. A blonde haired boy stormed over to him and shoved him.

"Hey no fair you cheated!" He whined and continued to push him.

I jumped up from my seat on the floor and rushed over to the scene.

"Hey leave my brother alone!" I screeched and shoved the boy myself.

Suddenly everything stopped again and I was out of this trance.

"Y/N?" The brown haired boy asked me quietly.

"It's you" I whispered in shock.

"Thomas" he whispered.

"Thomas" he said again but a little louder. Everyone was now dead silent.

"I remember my name, it's Thomas" he said a little happier this time.

Everyone remained silent. Before Alby spoke up.

"Thomas!!" He cheered and soon enough everyone was cheering for Thomas. But newt rushed to my side as I was still crouched on the floor staring at the ground.

"Y/N? What's going on?" He asked worried.

I-I remember him. Newt I remember who he is" I said, looking him in the eye.

"Who is he?"

I glanced over at the brown haired boy who stared back at me as everyone patted his back.

"He's my brother"

A/N- part 2?