My brother- argument (Newt) part 4

Newts POV

I stood and watched as Clint cleaned up the cuts Minho, Thomas and Y/N had gotten whilst being out in the maze as Jeff was next door taking care of Alby.

"Honestly what were you guys thinking?!" I asked, aiming it at Thomas and Y/N.

Y/N groaned whilst Thomas remained quiet.

"Newt please not now" she whined.

"Yes now Y/N, you're meant to be dead right now so count yourself lucky you even made it out alive." I snapped at her.

She looked at thomas and Minho before speaking up.

"Can you guys give us a minute?" She asked them gently. The boys nodded and stood up to leave the room, Clint first, then thomas, and before Minho walked out he leaned towards my ear and said

"Take it easy on her, I don't want her feeling any worse than she already is" he whispered to me. I kept a straight face but nodded anyways. I watched Minho leave the room then closed the door.

I stood and crossed my arms as I stared at Y/N who was sat on the bed looking back at me.

"Well are you going to talk or just continue to stare at me?" She sassed.

"Why'd you do it?" I asked her.

"Do what?" She asked.

"Don't play games with me Y/N" I warned her. She looked back down at her lap before speaking up again.

"I wasn't thinking. I was watching Thomas and I could tell what he was thinking, I knew what he was going to do. And in that moment I imagined myself losing him, losing my brother. Losing the one thing I had closest to my real family. I just got him back newt and I didn't want to lose him this soon. So when he ran out I ran after him. He doesn't understand the maze like the rest of us, yeah he would've had Minho with him but that's not the point. I felt the urge to stick with him and make sure he's safe" she explained to me.

"Well your stupidity nearly got you killed!" I raised my voice at her and emphasised the last word.

"I know but I made it out alive newt!" She yelled back.

"Y/N you really need to start thinking before you act because I can't keep dealing with this" I told her.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"First ben now this...I can't keep up Y/N" I said letting out a massive breath.

"The ben incident wasn't mine OR thomas' fault. He got stung!" She retorted. I remained silent.

"You know, if it was you who ran into the maze I would've ran in after you too. And if you don't believe me you can ask Minho because that was one of the first things I said to him when those doors closed." She stated and stood up. My eyes shifted to the floor for a moment.

"I'm sorry...I just honestly thought I was never gonna see you again. I care about you so much I can't help but ask these questions..." I told her calmly.

"It's okay newt. I'm sorry I even ran out there" she told me, walking towards me.

I engulfed her in a tight hug and placed a soft kiss on the top of her head.

"Please never leave me Y/N" I told her quietly.

"You can't get rid of me that easily" she grinned up at me before placing her lips on mine and giving me a short but sweet kiss.

"We gotta go to the big hut, Gally has called a meeting. He's not happy about non runners running into the maze" I told her cautiously.

She looked down for a moment.