Reunited with my ex (Thomas)

Your POV

I was at my local coffee shop with one of my closest friends Ava. We've been close friends for about a year and a half now but have known each other for about 8 years due to living on the same road and going to the same school. Our families had always been friends but we never spoke much because I was always a year older than her during school however I did talk to her older brother Thomas an awful lot.

As a matter of fact, he was my boyfriend for a solid three years. That was until he broke up with me a year and a half ago with no explanation....I never even saw him after that. He flew out to America to film for a new movie and he's never really in town much now anyways because of his acting jobs he gets.

"So thomas is back this week" Ava said cautiously, sipping at her tea as we sat at a small table in the corner of the shop. I stopped stirring my hot chocolate for a moment but continued after a second had passed.

"That's great. I bet you can't wait to see him again...how long has it been since you last saw him?" I asked, holding back everything in me to not want to cry at the sound of his name.

"Y/N I didn't bring this up to make you feel uncomfortable, I felt you had the right to know because if I hadn't of told you I would've felt like a bad friend and I didn't want you to be angry at me" she said, her voice full of panic and concern.

"Ava relax, I'm fine. Thank you for telling me" I told her calmly with a small smile. She let out a breath and nodded.

"What day is he back?" I asked curiously, hoping to take a note for myself to not go outside for the first few days he's back. She shrugged.

"I'm honestly not sure, all I know is it's sometime this week." She answered. I nodded, praying that I wouldn't run into him.

Honestly, I don't know how I would react if I see him again. I can't stand the boy. He threw away our three year relationship without any reasoning, he left me broken and alone to pick up the pieces myself whilst he was out in America having a great time getting on with his life and becoming more and more successful as the days go by.

Me? I work in Mac at my local mall. Not a bad job I know baring in mind the company is mac but still, it could be better. I always wanted to become a make up artist for movies and go to the extreme of doing not only beauty styled make up but also special effects make up. I have the qualifications to do this but I just haven't found the right job yet, so working with mac it is.

A few days later

I was at the Sangster household with Ava because she was picking up her last few belongings to go into her new apartment she moved into round the corner a few weeks back.

"AVA AM I TAKING THIS BIG BROWN BOX TO YOUR CAR?!" I shouted down the stairs to the girl who was carrying some bags to her car.

"YES PLEASE!" She yelled back. I turned the corner and walked into her room, using all the strength I had in me to pick up this large brown box containing some of her belongings. I slowly walked down the stairs and passed Ava in the doorway as I took the box to the drive where her car was. Ignoring the chuckles of her parents seeing my struggle, I continued to slowly walk with the box in my hands.

I was nearly at the car when someone's voice interrupted me and the box was lifted out of my hands.

"Oh hey let me help you!" A familiar voice spoke. The box was taken out of my hands and I watched as the person put the box in the back of Ava's car. As they turned around I saw their face for the first time. Or should I say, the first time in 18 months.