The String (Fluff/Angst)

I know I was GOING to do full angst, but I'm cursed to only have fluffy ideas. HA! Sorry, I'm just making my way to the angst

(It's mostly fluff)

ANYWAY, this one shot is based off a youtube video made by the amazing Szin. (Her Hamilton animatics will be missed)

The video is at the bottom of the chapter of you want to check it out! :)

OKAY! Enjoy!!

• • •
I didn't have that damn string from the start.

"The red string that connects soulmates. You're parents have probably already told you about them," My kindergarten teacher began talking to the class about a subject I have never heard off because I never had anyone there to tell me about it before.

"You're the only person you can see your own string," She continued, "They're the only clue that tells you we're your soulmate is."

I was very confused. What string was she talking about? I looked around the room to see kids smiling. There wasn't one look of confusion, except for mine.

"Some people dedicate their whole lives trying to find their loved one, starting as young as kids," Out teacher told us, referring to two children sitting in a corner. The boy had his arm around the girl as she snuggled into his chest.

"Others ignore them and wait until adulthood."

'So a magical string connected to your hand would lead you to your soulmate?' I questioned.

How come I didn't get a string?

"It is also common knowledge that-" I cut her off by raising my hand and announcing,
"Miss, but I don't have the string!"

Everyone stared at me like I was some kind of ugly bug or something- like I wasn't one of them.

-

This is me, Alexander, a boy who doesn't have a soulmate.

After what happened in kindergarten, no one else found out about it except my adopted parents, Mr. and Mrs. Washington. Kids from kindergarten would tease me for being different. But, other than that, I lead a pretty normal life.

Although, I have to admit it, I feel somewhat jealous seeing my classmates talk about their future soulmate. I just- kinda sat there. I studied, and took photos, and just...lied. I talked to them about soulmates and how amazing our strings were, trying not to be rude. But, I would just keep to myself most of the time.

Until-

One night, I was sitting at my desk looking through the photography I posted when I got a message.

"Huh?" I questioned. I never got messages from ANYONE- especially not this late.

Unknown- Hey I really like your pictures! Will you post more?

I kind of just stared at the message before smiling and responding to the mystery text.

Me- Thank you so much! I did my best, haha! I really appreciate this!

A giant smile was plastered on my face as I gazed at my laptop. I was so honored.

Then, a series of texts were sent to me.

Unknown-OMG You actually replied asikdkdmsijakzn

Unknown- Sorry! I just REALLY love your stuff SO MUCH AAH!

Unknown- hsbsjskskizkwnduskwndhismenhs
wmehksjbznsbwjsmsnsjsksnvsjsnbsjskzjnsmdlsbsbxksmndjzksmsbsjsnsndbdjsksndbsksnshsiwnhsisv