Dark Forest

Title: Dark Forest

Author: Aint_It_Fun

Genre: Adventure

Status: Complete

Description:

Zara was never meant to be an outcast. Once upon a time, she was a Red Cape- a member of the respected forest guard. That was before the accident, though. The one that left her partner dead and her to blame. Now expelled from the guard and living a life of shame, all Zara wants is to redeem herself and earn back her coveted position. The perfect opportunity arises when a mysterious Huntsman shows up in the kingdom...looking for her.

Somewhere deep within the dark forest, a princess is being held captive by the werewolves and their king. As the royal Huntsman, it's Ronan's job to find her and bring her back. And who better to guide him than a former member of the renowned Red Capes? While Zara isn't thrilled at the idea of working side by side with the irritatingly charming Huntsman, she's in no position to refuse his proposition. Especially if she wants to impress the guard and earn a second chance. Together, they enter the forest to face the myriad of terrifying creatures awaiting inside.

Ardon, the werewolf king, has an agenda of his own...one where he and his pack rise from exile to reclaim their place at the top of the food chain. When he begins to make explainable appearances within Zara's dreams, she realizes things are far from what they seem. The truth behind their strange connection may not be one she's ready for. However, the werewolf king is far from the only one harboring dark secrets. What began as a simple rescue mission will soon turn into a challenge not only for Zara's life, but for the world outside the forest.

Personal Comments:

This was superb! The storyline and character backgrounds were great, the side characters (Silas aka. my new bf) were fabulous and I just really like how the whole story was written. My only problem with this book is that the romance kind of came out of nowhere, but apart from that, it was spectacular and I expect far greater things in the rewrite (though I think the author should still keep the original up). Altogether, I really liked this book and though I'm not very used to the supernatural side of writing, I enjoyed this very much!