After Midnight

Title: After Midnight

Author: jenalee28

Genre: Fantasy

Status: Complete

Description:

A con-artist witch joins forces with a royal detective to solve a series of murders plaguing their kingdom.

When the clock strikes twelve, you die.
Tessa Daniels has enough problems without getting wrapped up in a murder. Her mother's magic shop is about to go under and the local gang wants their money. Desperate to make the payment, she jumps at the chance to help Ella, a young woman in need of a carriage, a dress, and a pair of slippers. But, when Ella is murdered at the Prince's Ball, the detective in charge of the case thinks Tessa is hiding something.

She is. Thanks to a magical gold ring, Tessa can see Ella's ghost, and the only way to end the midnight hauntings is to solve Ella's murder. With a killer on the loose and a dangerous gang on her heels, Tessa will have to join forces with the detective. But, long-held secrets are about to surface, and the killer may be closer than anyone could have imagined.

A dark, twisted fairytale filled with murder, mystery, and romance.

Personal Comments:

This book was legendary. It is the first in an ongoing series so I plan to read the others and because of how amazing this one is, I have high expectations for the rest. The mystery really draws you in, when you think it's going to go in one direction, it goes down a completely different path. The romance was nice as well, Derrick and Tessa just seemed to click from the very beginning and I was routing for them the whole time. Altogether, this book was wonderful to read and if it was published (which it should be), I'd be sure to buy it straight away~