14

Later That Night

I had just got done putting lele to sleep and I had a baby monitor by the baby crib she was sleeping in. Currently I'm sitting outside by the pool looking by at the stars in the sky with the monitor sitting on the table beside me. I heard a door open and close, I coulda sworn I was the only one woke. It was then that his scent hit me as he slide into the chair besides me.

"What are you doing still up?" He asked causing me to just chuckle.

"I couldn't sleep kennie, why are you still up?" I asked as I heard shift causing him face me.

"Same" He responded "look I'm really sorry about what happened I shouldn't have put my hands on you no matter if you.." I cut him off right then and there

"I hit you first so I'm not tripping. I already told you I wasn't pressing charges or anything so you don't have to apologize" I said turning to look at him slightly

"Dev , I'm not apologizing because you may press charges I'm apologizing because I'm actually sorry. I ain't even notice what was going on I just got so angry and reacted before I even had a chance to figure out was going on" he said shaking his head then putting his hands on his head. I grabbed his arm causing him to look at me.

"Honestly it's fine I'm okay & my baby didn't get hurt so everything's fine" I said looking at him giving him a little smile

"Why didn't you press charges? Shit if it was anybody else they would have pressed charges and my ass would have been locked up right now" he said trying to look in my eyes but I avoided eye contact by looking up at the stars in the sky.

"Because I know you have other children, not just my child. It'll be wrong for me to get you locked away and they would grow up without a father. I feel as though that'll be on me because it's not their fault, they'd have to suffer for something that I did. A child needs their father, their parents in general." I stated

"Your parents,specifically you father,wasn't there was he" He asked sitting by my legs on the chair, he then wiped my eyes man I swear to god I didn't know I was crying. I sat up and sniffed not once looking at him.

"Promise me one thing" I said looking him in his eyes as he stared back into mines.

"Anything you gave me one of the best gifts anyone could, and for that I'm forever in debt to you" He responded causing me to smile a little

"No matter what's going on with us or anything no matter the circumstances make sure no one harms my baby kentrell, she's all I really have left" I said wiping the tear that threatened to fall

"I promise ,on my life,no matter what I'll make sure that Kaliya is straight and she's not all you have you have nba gang and Asia" he responded looking into my eyes, I saw the honesty and sincerity in his eyes so I believed him. I grabbed the monitor and began to walk away but stopped mid-way to the patio door and looked back at him.

"Thanks I Really Appreciate It" I mean I did he's going through all this for what some girl and her baby he's only known a short time. He laughed.

"I mean she is my daughter I wouldn't let her get harmed" I laughed maybe I said that out loud

"No the room Boomer told me about how you got it specially made thank you for that" I said smiling a little

"Anything for y'all" I then continued my journey to lele's room just to make sure she was okay before I laid down, my princess was fine she was good. I made it to my room and saw boomie on one side and Asia on the other.

"What are y'all doing" I asked laughing

"Well we were waiting on you, we can't just not sleep without you" I just laughed and got in the middle and they put all their body parts on me. Within seconds I was gone.