22

Mid-August

Devin Pov

Me & Dave are at the preschool we looked at for Kairi. He said he trusted me to help him make the right decision so we saw the school and both liked it. It had spacious classrooms, lots of toys, & a huge playground for her to play on. I knew he was dreading this and I kind of was as well, Kairi has grown on me. We all got out the car and walked in the building, I noticed she was in the middle of us holding both of our hands.

"Hi, how may I help you" the lady at the front desk asked.

"We're here to bring her to class" I heard Dave's voice say, I could hear the sadness in it. We followed the lady to the classroom and I stood back as they walked to the door together. "Kairi this is your classroom I have to go now" I could tell by her face she didn't understand what he meant, so she dragged him into the class to play but looked around for a second and her eyes landed on me so she grabbed me as well. We were playing with dolls, but I knew it wouldn't end well. Just thinking about it mad me tear up so I quickly left out the class, maybe five minutes later I heard her screaming so I knew he left out as well which made me cry harder. "You Okay butterfly?" I sniffed and gave him a weak smile.

"Um yeah I'm okay" I looked at him and saw the sadness, he put his arm around my shoulder as we walked out. "That was hard"

"Shut ya cry baby ass up" we both just chuckled as we walked to the car once we got in he started it up

"Wait don't pull off just yet?" I just looked at the building for a second, "go ahead" as we pulled off I saw the preschool getting smaller and smaller by the second.

"Maybe I should go back to get her" he said about to turn around but I stopped him

"Dave if you turn around it'll only be harder for you both" he blew his breath so I knew he understood where I was coming from and just kept driving.

Just some short

Thoughts ?  💭