Chapter 3: One Strike

“Sanji!” Luffy roared from the opposite end of the Sunny. The golden blonde rolled his eyes casually, ignoring his captain he had to assume it’ll most likely be a food request above anything else. Sanji took a deep breath in,  taking his half-burnt out cigarette between his fingers to flick off a good inch of ashes from the smoldering end into the ocean below. For as the cook was enjoying the well deserved silence, but it didn’t stick around for all that long. “Sanji! Sanji come here!” Luffy called out for the cook again, each hollar louder than the last.

“Better tell me what you need before I kick your ass!” Sanji, all riled up, clenched his delicate hands into fists, shaking them in the air.

“Robin wants you!” Luffy replied back without interest as if his hopes were somehow crushed? With the simple mention of the fine lady, the Love Cook sprang from his position with a skip in his step all the way to the library where the goddess of an archaeologist stood with a sheet of yellow parchment embraced loosely into her chest. And then there was Luffy, picking his nose, upside down on a bench, like the idiot he was...

“Whatcha need my beautiful Robin?” Sanji wooed over Robin with lovestruck eyes.

Robin was frowning in Sanji’s presence, “I consider you to be ignorant for taking on Luffy’s request.” It took a lot to upset Robin in the slightest. For then, Sanji couldn’t help but feel as if he deserved the shade being thrown his way.

“I… I know,” Sanji rubbed the back of his neck. He couldn’t really reply back to his suitable insult. “If (Y/n) wasn’t a lady, I would’ve been 100% against to agreeing with this whole ‘recruiting an assassin’ ordeal. In the end, we all know that once Luffy has his mind set something, he doesn’t back down. So if anything, I’m embracing the inevitable,” Robin pursed her lips into a fine line before shoving her sheet of parchment into Sanji’s hands as she couldn’t disagree with Sanji at all. He wasn’t obstructing the inevitable.

Robin opened up her mouth to speak once more, “be lucky Law and a few of his allies know a fair share of information on (Y/n).”

Sanji’s eyes widened, “They do?”

“Yes,” Robin hummed with a slight nod to her head. “Law and his ally Eustass have met the girl on a few occasions by luck. But they’ve only ever conversed with her a handful of times,” Robin let out a stressful sigh. “Just read the information I acquired from Law, it should help you dearly.”

Sanji was delighted to have some luck on his side. “Thank you Robin, I will,” Sanji thanked his fellow crewmate and took one look at the paper, skimming the neatly written text then back to Robin within the second. “There’s a lot of information here, but none of it is of any use to me…”

“Quit complaining, any bit of information helps,” Robin, stern, put Sanji into his place. She grinned with satisfaction once the blonde clutched onto the paper with a fake, terrified smile. “Then I’ll leave you if you don’t have anymore questions.”

“Of course not my wonderful Robin!” Sanji swooned once more. Robin let of a closed eye smile, stepping out of the library. Sanji frowned, glaring at his little ‘cheat sheet’ before exchanging the same glare with his idiotic captain… Still picking his nose. “I swear Luffy,” Sanji spoke up catching Luffy’s attention. “If this girl kills me, I’ll make sure to torture you in the afterlife.”

Luffy perked up, falling upon his face. Jumping to his feet, “if she kills you, I’ll beat her ass. How does that sound?” Luffy snickers. Everyone knew that was exactly what would happen if you were to successfully kill Sanji.

“Better than nothing I guess…” Sanji shrugged with a long overbearing sigh. He looked around the library, picking out a spot to study for an extended amount of time. Sanji found himself amazed by how neat Robin’s note taking were, there seemed to be no mistakes and everything was very thorough with every bullet point. Robin even separated the information out from combat to personal information as if she remade these notes hundreds of times to make a masterpiece. Although, the combat column was next to empty…