Chapter 5: Rest-Easy

Lots and lots of dialogue...

"Lucky me..." you rolled your identical (e/c) orbs to the band of gunmetal bracelets clasped over not only your right wrist but your left as well with next to no room to breath. A long silver chain connected the cuffs but they weren't the same metals. Restrained but all at the same time you were granted the liberty of freedom. Your wrists were already chafed, discolored, and stripped of numerous layers of skin that left your pink flesh bare to the elements of the outside world. And you haven't even tried to escape yet...

"You just woke up and that's the first thing you point out?" Chopper stood upon the bed pointing at your wristband with his pointed hoof. The presence of this creature that could walk, talk, and dress just like any human would just barely blew your mind. And it's been a while since something had actually made you speechless. You recognized the little reindeer though, it just set all of the pieces into place.

You let your arms drop down onto your stomach, "I was trying to avoid pointing out the OBVIOUS!" Distressed, you clenched your hands into fists thrashing at your doctor, Chopper shrieked falling off the patient's bed as you threw him off unable to express your anger otherwise with your body feeling like a complete dead weight. You watched the reindeer scamper away and half hide behind his towering doctor's chair after your outburst.

You thought it was perhaps some heavy medication the reindeer doctor had put you on that made you body feel as still and heavy as it was, that was until nothing on your body would cooperate with anything command that came to mind. Ranting was the only thing on your mind now. "What's wrong with me Chopper? Why can't I move?"

Chopper shook in his place with teary eyes. "Your spine is broken," the little doctor whimpered. "BUT! I have already performed surgery on you and most of your bones are as good as new! Just get plenty of rest and you'll be as strong as those bones," Chopper rocked on his feet with a cheesy grin plastered over his face, rubbing the back of his neck with a subtle hint of pink dusting his furry cheeks. However, after the doctor never got the praise he expected, he found you with a look of death in your (e/c) eyes.

"Don't ever operate on me without my permission..." You growled with one thing definite on the mind. Kill this animal doctor. Never once did your piercing gaze leave Chopper's smaller toddler frame.

"But... But... " Chopper mumbled. "If I didn't operate, you'd be permanently crippled from the neck down..." An eerie silence had set in.

"Did I stutter?" You raised your voice to a small echo within the room "I don't want anyone operating on me without my permission. I'd rather die."

"But anything is better than death. I just saved your life," Chopper found himself being sucked into an argument with you without even realizing it.

"Then you should've let me die!" You bellowed with Chopper immediately going silent to your poisonous words. Clearly the phrase affected Chopper in more ways than one. The idea to repeat said phrase wasn't sounding all too much like a bad idea. "I already hate this crew..." You cursed avoiding any and all eye contact with the doctor. "Luffy wanted me to join his crew, well here I am. What? He had to go and break my spine, AND THEN he had the nerve to go out of his way to put sea prism stone on me!?" Chopper one step at a time, came out from his hiding spot. He couldn't disagree with anything you said, there was nothing good about your position in the slightest as he watched you pull and bite at your handcuffs with your pearly whites.

Chopper put on his serious face tugging the link of chain from your mouth. "It's precautionary matters," Chopper replied with the truth he was given the day you've arrived. "Given the circumstances... You could kill us all too easily, we're just ensuring that doesn't happen."