Chapter 28: Small Package, Big Surprises

Final Chapter here we go! I will apologize now, this ending didn't come out as expected but hope you all like it.

There's a reference in here, it's from a cartoon that no longer airs.

Everyone growled at the sight of a grotesque goblin, so ugly yet menacing to all. With skin a ghostly white all stitched together with thread of lemon yellow. His large gaping mouth were home to hundreds of razor sharp shark teeth that stood perfectly aligned. Some of his more notable features were his dark vampirific clothes from the cobweb collar and frilly ruff to the bulbous Mickey Mouse shoes. He tinkered with dead bodies, reanimating them into a perfect army, sulking in the shadows. Nobody in a million years would've thought a monster like him would ever make another appearance. Let alone in front of the Straw Hat Crew, the first bunch to ever bring this grave robber of a villain to his knees.

The goblin like man stood before the crew, still as towering as ever, a stark black shadow flashing two red ruby like eyes in disress gripped in his sharp razor like hands. The shadow, like his other victims, struggled and fought to be released from his grip. The goblin cackled, crushing the shadow ever so tighter more in his hands. A disembodied scream-like whimper left the shadow. "Missed me assholes? Shishishishishi!" The former Warlord howled into the air.

"Moriah..." Luffy and Sanji hissed in unison. They were the most moved by ex warlord Moriah's presence, then again, they were the two most furious with Moriah the last time they've met nearly three years back. For Moriah to steal shadows for a living and tamper with the dead. The hosts of those shadows having to living in the darkness to prevent their demise. Not to forget Nami was almost forced into marriage at the time as well no thanks to him.

It was that realization that finally came across the most wise of women's head that she finally took action. "Shoot!" Robin slaps Sabo in the chest, it caught him more by surprise than Moriah... Which takes a lot to do. The tall woman pulled and pulled on Sabo's sleeve until she managed to get his arm out of the suit jacket just for the blonde to forfeit his jacket all together with a look of bewilderment behind her forceful actions. Robin made quick time and threw his blue jacket over your unconcious frame, making sure no flesh were vulnerable to the sun.

"What?" Sabo muttered, running a gloved hand through his blonde locks.

"If Moriah steals your shadow, you cannot touch the sunlight unless you want to burn to ashes," Sanji answered Sabo well before Robin ever could, all the while rolling up his sleeves and puffing lightly on his cigarette till one end were red with smoldering ashes.

Moriah's small bloodshot eyes surveyed Sanji and Luffy closely like a Pacifista. He can't underestimate this crew, not now, even one wrong assumption could be the end of him. "No need to worry about your lil' girlfriend," Moriah snapped his wrist finally commenting on the situation of your missing shadow. "That damned devil fruit she consumed negates the aftereffects of my shadow stealing abilities... Pretty soon that fruit will be mine, all I need to do is absorb her pretty. Little. Shadow," he raised his hand level to his face. Staring down your shadow. Your shadow grew more restless, trying to escape his clutches ever more than before, all just to avoid consumption.

"What!?" Sanji gasped with clenched teeth and spun in place so very quickly to light his leg aflame. "What the hell are you talking about onion head?"

"Hey that's my nickname for him!" Luffy snapped to his offense rather than focusing on the real problem.

"You haven't pieced it together yet have you?" Moriah snickered, your shadow pressed hands to its ears. "Haven't you realized just how similar mine and (Y/n)'s fruits are? Do you even know that most fruits are just one part of another? The only way you can successfully consume another devil fruit is if that fruit corresponds with the one you already wield," Moriah shows off a wicked grimace, staring in your direction. Luffy was frozen solid, it all reminded him of Teach stealing Whitebeard's devil fruit years back. Darkness and total destruction do correspond.