CHAPTER 12 * New schedule *

XERIS' POV

The closet door closed behind me. I turned my body slightly and looked at it over my shoulder and then turned back.

What an awkward situation that was.

I kept on overlooking the differences between the people from Earth and those from Thanzor. Earth people wore separate garments as under clothes. I looked to the bed on my left.

I have yet to explain our sleeping arrangement.

With a sigh, I walked towards the viewing glass and gazed at the stars, waiting for her to come out. I replayed our earlier conversation in my mind.

That was not what I expected.

And then Purit's words came to me 'have no expectations, negative or positive'.

Easier said than done.

Her facial expression before she left for the bathroom stuck with me. She seemed to have a deep understanding of the state the Earth was in. But what about the moisture in her eyes?

Was she referring to herself?

Did she mean to say that she belonged to the crowd that knew what they were doing was wrong, but still did it anyway in order to fit in? Or was she trying to inform me that she belonged to the group that considered itself worthless? Her constant use of the pronoun 'we', just made it harder to figure out. She said she was far from being good. That must mean she belonged to the former group.

But what about the unshed tears? Did she feel guilty for it? Why would she feel guilty? We were taught that Earthians thrived in their sin. Was everything we knew wrong?

I sighed again and rubbed my face. I was stopped in my thoughts when I heard the closet door open.

She stood there in her sleep attire. The attire fit her loosely. It comprised of a long sleeved white shirt and pants that fell almost to her toes. It was made of a silky material. It was different from mine. My sleep attire comprised of a white cotton vest and white cotton pants.

She looked like she didn't know what to do with herself, constantly shifting her hands to and from her chest area. So, I approached her and she looked to the floor.

"It is meal time. You may proceed to the kitchen and have your meal."

She nodded her head but did not move.

"I shall be taking my shower now." She just nodded again and still did not move. What was so interesting on the floor?

I walked around her and just before I entered the bathroom, I turned to go to the closet. These chambers were not solely mine any more, I couldn't walk around naked. I grabbed my sleep attire and walked out of the closet. She wasn't standing there anymore. She was in the kitchen, ordering her food.

I entered the bathroom and was soon standing under the falling water after undoing my braid. I took longer than I normally did, trying to prolong my solitude. I tapped the green circle and shampoo fell from the shower head. I closed my eyes and tapped it again for it to stop. I washed my hair carefully and then tapped the blue circle to rinse it out. Once I was sure all the shampoo had been rinsed out, I tapped the yellow circle and dried up. I stepped out of the shower and walked to my sink. I pulled out a brush from my drawer and started brushing my hair. Once done, I braided it again. It was quite a feat, considering how long it had grown. I wore my sleep attire and walked out. I went to the closet and saw that her outer garment that she wore earlier was folded neatly on the cushion in the middle of the closet. I grabbed it and walked to the mirror. I tapped it and the laundry latch opened.