Epilogue

VICTORIA'S POV

"We will initiate landing procedures in fifteen minutes. We have received confirmation that everything has been prepared," Santhi said from my left.

We were finally here.

Thanzor.

I could feel everyone's excitement. I couldn't blame them. After being away for a little over a decade, I would be excited to be returning home as well.

Except, this wasn't my home.

I was nervous. I wondered if the Thanzorians harboured the same thought about us Earthians. I worried that we wouldn't be accepted, not fully.

I squeezed my hands together.

"Your highness," Atoma addressed me, "You need to make your way to the doors now if you want to get there in time for their opening."

This is really happening. We are really here.

"Right." I breathed heavily.

I turned and was led to the doors. There was so much commotion on the ship. People were running up and down trying to get their matters in order.

I wish I could be as excited as they were, I really did, but I was too nervous. I kept swallowing while a thousand thoughts raced through my mind.

Where in God's name is Xeris?!

And then I stopped in my tracks. I couldn't believe I had forgotten. What sort of mother forgets their own child?

I turned to Adima, "Where is Nessa? We have to go back and get her." as I turned to head for our apartment, he stopped me, "She is with his highness, your highness."

"Oh, right. He did say he would get her." I said while looking at the floor.

"Your highness, if I may," it was Atoma. He and Adima glanced at each other before he talked, "Thanzor will love you."

"What?" I asked, surprised by that.

"We have noticed that you are...anxious for our landing. We were all wrong in our thinking about Earthians. You have shown us that just like Thanzor, not all of Earth's seed are bad. Though you may have quite a few more bad seeds than we do," he chuckled nervously and continued, "just as you won this entire ship over, we have no doubt that you will win the planet over as well."

How can they be sure? The entire planet will not be forced into spending five years just to get to know me.

"We have faith in you as one of our leaders, your highness," it was Adima this time, "it is time for you to have faith in yourself."

I looked at him sharply, "Forgive me if I have overstepped," he said as he bowed.

"No, no. Thank you both, for your kind words."

I can do this.

I turned back and headed towards the doors, head held a little higher this time. I had finally reached the doors and saw Xeris with Nessa sleeping in his arms. How she could sleep in all this commotion was beyond me. He was talking to the heads of each department. Even Santhi had left command to be welcomed by the royal family.

They hadn't noticed me approaching, but Xeris did when I was a few steps away. He turned slowly and faced me, a small smile on his face. I smiled back and stood next to him. Everyone bowed and welcomed me.

Xeris and I had adorned our more formal attire with crowns on our heads and a little tiara on Nessa's. I turned to look at my little angel and smiled lovingly. I had put her curls into pig tails that went a little past her shoulders. I still couldn't believe that she was already two. How time flew.