CHAPTER 22 * What is wrong with her? *

A/N: Hello my lovely readers,

So I got a few awesome people add my book to their reading list and a few more views (which btw I appreciate so much) and that got me so excited. I started getting ideas of how to add on to this book to make it more exciting for you, but decided against it. I would like to show my original work and see how you receive it first, so your opinions really matter.
Feel free to leave comments.

Yours truly,
PrEsHiShy.

XERIS' POV

"I have been trying to wake you up for the past five minutes." I said to her. She was impossible to wake up. Every day was the same with her. And every day she apologised. I watched her go to the closet and then the bathroom. While she showered, I decided to have my breakfast. I soon found myself in the training room. I expected her to be here in ten minutes, she usually took twenty minutes to shower and ten minutes to eat. I set up everything for today's training session as I waited. After a while I looked at my watch and realised she was late.

I decided to go after her. I walked into the apartment and saw her hunched over her food.

Thought she would be tired of Lumpum by now, I certainly am.

As I got closer I heard her mumbling to herself. I sighed, "Anytime today."

She jumped at this. Come to think of it, she had been jumpy since I woke her up. I looked down at her bowl and noticed she had barely touched it.

That's odd

I looked back up at her and words I never thought I would ever hear came out of her mouth, "I'm not very hungry today."

That's a first

I decided to leave and went back to the training room. Once I got onto the mats, I took off my shoes. We wouldn't be needing them for what I had planned. I stood there looking at the door waiting for her to come in. Once she finally did, she noticed me waiting for her and froze. I raised my eyebrows for an explanation, but all she did was apologise again and walk towards me cautiously.

Must have been a really bad dream

"Take off your shoes."

She did so clumsily, miraculously not winding up on the floor.

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea

"Come," I said to her and she inched closer.

Is she scared of me now?

"Closer," I said a little louder. Again, she inched a few centimetres closer. I sighed and put my hands on my waist.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, genuinely curious. What brought upon this sudden behaviour.

She cleared her throat, "nothing. Nothing is wrong with me." Then she moved to stand right in front of me.

"Good. You said you wanted to learn everything. From today, I'm going to teach you some martial arts."

"Wait, what? No more exercising?" she asked surprised.

"This is a form of exercise. Besides, you don't need that much exercise anyway."

She had come a long way these past months. She had lost all the excess weight, and it wasn't just due to the oil thinning. She really did put in the work to lose the excess fat. She was able to keep up with me in certain areas, which was astounding, not that I would ever let her know that.