CHAPTER 16 * Pride *

XERIS' POV

"Apologise?"

I couldn't help the quiet laughter that escaped me.

Apologise? No one had ever demanded an apology from me.

Yet this woman here did it without even wavering. I was so astounded that I didn't notice that I hadn't answered her for a while. She turned around and stormed off. Well, if you consider angrily wading through the water to get to the other side of the tub storming off.

This just elicited more laughter out of me.

She turned to throw me one last glare and then climbed up the steps and made her way out the bathroom, her feet slapping against the floor loudly.

It took a while for the smile to die down on my face. Once it did, I also made my way out of the tub. I was still in my training attire so I had to go to the closet, were she most likely was.

I guess I did owe her an apology. I should have told her the shocker was off.

I walked out the bathroom and stood outside the closet door. I knocked lightly on it. She didn't reply. I knocked again and still nothing. I was not used to being ignored, so "if you don't answer me, I will take that as consent and walk right in, whatever state of undress you may be in."

I counted to three and did just that.

I found her fully clothed in her day wear, sitting on one of the cushions. She was facing the mirror, glaring at my reflection. I walked further in and went to my side of the closet.

How do I do this?

I started picking out my day wear. She huffed. I sighed.

Come on, you've done this before already. You can do it again. A part of my brain coaxed. The other part didn't agree. Once was more than enough. You are a prince!

I turned with my attire in my hands and looked at her. "Victoria," she acted like she hadn't heard me. "Victoria, I'm talking to you."

She turned up her nose and looked the other way.

How dare she.

"I apologise," she turned to look at me now.

That got your attention.

"that you're not fit enough to jog a few kilometres. But I don't think that's solely my fault. I'm not the one who let myself go."

What!?!

That's not what I was supposed to say.

It was too late to take it back now. She just sat there staring at me, eyes wide and mouth hanging open.

"I would like to change now, so unless you want to see me naked, I suggest you leave."

When she didn't respond. I put the clothes in my hands down on the cushion in front of me and started to pull my shoes off. Then I went to the bottom of my shirt. She got the hint and left.

Congratulations, you managed to make it worse.

Once the door closed I sat down.

"What was that?" I closed my eyes and ran my hand down my face.

Earthians brought the worst out of me.

I finished changing and grabbed her wet training clothes and put them away, along with mine.

How do I face her now?

"Just go out there and apologise properly," I told myself.

I walked out the closet and followed her to the kitchen, where she sat eating.

"Listen, what I said earlier..."

"You're right,"

What?

"it's not your fault. Just like it isn't your fault that you were born as an egotistical and arrogant ass."