please?¿

Walking back home without my favourite cereal in the world makes this sad life even sadder. I sighed as I look up into the sky. It was currently 3 p.m. here in the not so busy streets of New York. My apartment block was not far from where I was, it was less than a five minute walk.

While avoiding the water puddles on the pavement, my phone suddenly rang in my jean pocket.

"Hello?" I answered without checking the caller ID.

"Lily! Can you make dinner? I bought chicken because I wanted to cook something but I'm scared I might burn the place down." The caller spoke.

"Winwin, did you see a buzzfeed video again?" I said while sighing.

"Um....I might have........." He quietly answered.

"Not suprised. All right, does kung pao chicken sound fine?"

"Sounds good, sis!" He replied a little too excitedly.

"Okay lower your voice, I don't want to go deaf yet."

"My bad, see you later Lily!" With his last words Winwin ended the call.

~~~~🍗~~~~

"Sesame oil, water chestnuts, brown sugar....." I place the ingredients into my canvas bag. Making sure I was certain I had everything with me, I locked my apartment door and headed straight to the stairs.

Winwin's place was only two floors below mine. I walked downstairs as I carefully carried my canvas bag filled with ingredients. As I was walking down, paying attention to the stairs mostly, I heard someone going up the stairs.

Probably a resident, I thought.

"Excuse me, I need help." The person spoke. I stopped in my tracks and froze. I heard the same sentence literally an hour ago but in Mandarin. This some Déjà vu shit.

"Yes?" I turned my head from the stairs to the stranger's face. For some reason, I expected him to be the tall stranger I met earlier in the grocery store.

"I'm looking for this unit. Do you know where is it?" He said as he showed me something on his phone.

"The picture is blurry, is it 13 or 12?" I asked him.

"Uhm, not sure, no harm knocking a wrong door right?" He said as he laughed nervously.

"It's okay the residents here are nice, I think." I replied laughing as well.

"Follow me, I'm going to that floor." I said while asking him to tag along. He nodded and followed close behind.

"Hey, let me help you carry that."

"Oh, thanks." I gave him the canvas bag.

We walked until we reached, NW-4-18. I ringed the bell and waited diligently for my brother to open the door.

"As soon, as I place my bag here, I'll show you the way." I said to the stranger with dimples before ringing the door again.

"Hey! Sorry Lily, I was playing a game. Where's the stuff? Oh, someone's behind you." Winwin said as soon as he opened the door. He pushed me aside slightly to get a better look on the stranger.

"Oh hey man, is this the girl?" Winwin asked the stranger. Wait what?
The stranger looked at Winwin weirdly.