find one?¿

<< A/N : from this chapter onwards, there will be headings to indicate POV.

For example, [ LY ] is Lily and [ LC ] is Lucas! Hope you guys enjoy the chapter and I'm sorry for the hiatus! >>

[ LC ]

It's been weeks since my first photoshoot and I've been improving since. Well, that's what my manager told me anyways.

Today was an important event, the fashion show for the new men's collection. I would be lying if I didn't feel like jumping off a cliff right now and then.

Everyone was in this big dressing room, inside the building where the fashion show will be held. There were some models whom I knew from the company and some I didn't, probably outsourced.

"Lucas!" Someone yelled at me. I turned around and was met with a close friend of mine, Yangyang. We first met during our first gig. He's a year younger than me and I treat him like a little brother.

An annoying one that is. Well, sometimes...

"Hey! I heard you're opening the show tonight. Are you nervous?" I asked him. He looks really bouncy, his body filled with constant energy.

"Hmm not at the moment! But wish me luck anyways!" He laughed as he continued to bounce up and down.

"You're going to do great!" I patted his back, trying to knock some of his energy out of his body. How much caffeine did he drink?!

[ - ]

"We have a bit of a problem..." Taeyong fretted as he paced around the room.

"What is it?" Kai, the director of the fashion show quizzed, his hands clutching into pieces of paper.

"The model doing the finale won't be able to make it." Taeyong said, as he avoided eye contact with him. Despite working with each other for 2 years now, he still finds him abit intimidating.

"Sehun?! He won't make it? Why?!" Kai immediately stood up, surprised.

"His flight got delayed from Japan, the weather there isn't good at the moment." Taeyong replied.

"Well, find a substitute then! Go on, hurry! The show starts in 2 hours!" Kai directed the black haired male, as he sat on his chair, furious.

[ LC ]

"So how's it going with you and Mei Hua, huh?" Hendery nudged me as he winked repeatedly beside me.

"We're getting closer if that's what you meant..." I answered as nochantly as possible. We hang out a couple of times, alongside Jinsoul and other co-workers. But never just the two of us...

"When are you going to ask her out?"

"When the t-time is r-right..." I stammered, there was no way I could ask her out. I rather run the marathon 10 times than ask her out. I would have chickened out before I could even say hey!

"You better before someone else snatches her..." He said as he move his face closer to mine.

"What d-do you m-mean?" I stared at him.

"I have friends from other departments...there's someone who's crushing on her too, Lucas!"

"W-who?"

"All I can say is that, he's not a model."

"Well, that's not specific enough! There's like at least a thousand people working with the company." I argued, if he's not a model, there's still about 950 people left...

"Just ask her out, man." He patted my shoulder.

"Well, gotta get my makeup done. I'll see you later." He waved as he walked away to one of the empty dressing tables.

"Someone else is crushing on Mei Hua?" I mumbled again. Sure I'm surprised but that would make sense. Who wouldn't like Mei Hua? She's the total package.

Maybe I really should man up...

I glanced my phone screen, it was 6.00 P.M. Two hours before the show starts. Should I practice my walking? Should I eat something? Should I run away and never come back?

Before I could decide if I should make a run for it, someone yelled my name, it wasn't annoying orange this time. (Yangyang)

"Yes?" I answered turning my head around.

"Mr Taeyong?" I quizzed, confused. It's not everyday you see him. And everytime I do, his hair colour changes. I was sure his hair was blonde just last week...

"Lucas, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked, breathing heavily. Did he just ran a marathon?

"Sure, I don't get my makeup done till 7.00."

"Okay great! Well you know there's going to be the finale, where the main model will shine right?" He asked.

"Yeah, Mr Sehun right? He's a good model."

"Yes him..." He trailed of, looking away.

"Well, what's the problem?"

"He's not going to make it." Mr Taeyong answered, with full regret.

"What?!" I exclaimed, a little too loud.

"Shhh! No one knows this except you, me and the director!" He placed his thin bony finger on my lips. I nodded my head repeatedly.

"So, I need you to replace him." Mr Taeyong continued, his finger still on my mouth.

My eyes bulged so hard, it could have popped out of my eye sockets.

"You're crazy!" I whispered harshly. There's no way I could replace him! It's Mr Sehun! The most popular male model of the year!

"Yes I am. You're the only one who can do this! You'll do great! I know it!" Mr Taeyong gripped both my shoulders as he shook them roughly.

"But I'm not as good as him! I'm not even that great!" I confessed. There were other models that did better, especially Xiao Jun. Have you seen his face? His cheekbones are literal perfection. Talk about his thick eyebrows.

Damn... all this comparing can be demotivating.

"Lucas. You're a good model! I scouted you and I promise you, you're the best model I scouted in a long time. You have the potential. I'm not sure, if you know this but you're really popular among the ladies in the company. I have a friend who works in the professional modelling industry, she says you have what it takes to be a supermodel! So please, just do this! Sehun would want this!" Mr Taeyong was now grabbing both my arms as he clasped them tightly, begging. If anyone was looking around, they might have taken this the wrong way.

Mr Taeyong never begs, ever.

"Okay — okay! I'll do it!" I answered, not wanting people to continue looking at us.

"You will? Thank you!"

"But wait — doesn't the show end with some choreography?"

"Yeah it does, I'll ask Mr Ten to teach you the formation. It's nothing really, it's just you moving your arms around to bring the other models to the stage." He patted my back, reassuringly.

"After you're done with your makeup, go to the practice room number 10."

"Okay..." I nodded my head. He bid goodbye, smilling ear to ear. 

I immediately took a seat on a chair nearby and processed what just happened.

"I can't believe I agreed to this!" I moaned to myself, smacking my head repeatedly.

This is not going to end up well.