Marking

~Jungkook

Today's the day I finally turn 17! Exactly at 6:00 P.M. I will finally receive my marking. The marking that'll reveal who I'm destined to be with. Almost everyone in my grade has already gotten theirs and now it's finally my turn.

"Happy Birthday Kookie!" Hoseok shouted while I entered the school gates.

"Thanks Hobi hyung," I smiled as he brought me into a giant bear hug.

"You finally get your mark! I wonder who you'll end up with," He jumped up and down.

I smiled and nodded as we made our way towards our lockers. We parted our ways once we reached the hall where our lockers were. I put in my combination and opened it up. I took out my history and English books, while hanging my book bag on the small hook. I shut my locker and made my way to my first period class, English. The halls weren't packed, as it was still early and people are just beginning to arrive. There were a few people in the hall waiting outside their class and some at their locker. I reached for the knob of the door and pulled open the door. I stepped in the classroom and as per usual, I was the first one. I took the seat in the small table in the back. I sat there and waited for the arrival of everyone. Mr.Jay was always late, so I just went onto my phone. Pretty soon seats were starting to be occupied leaving only one minute for the bell to ring. Right as the bell rang, in walked Mr.Jay. He rushed towards his desk setting his laptop down, then began writing on the chalkboard.

"Please copy this into your notebooks," He called out.

I grabbed my purple notebook out of my pile of books, and began copying. Suddenly the door opened and in walked the playboy himself. Kim Taehyung. Squeals could be heard, as everyone stared at him.

"Mr.Kim." the teacher turned around, "You're late."

"So, you're always late," Taehyung rolled his eyes while walking towards the back, looking for a place to sit.

I continued jotting down in my notebook, when I heard the chair next to me move. From the corner of my eye I spotted Taehyung taking a seat next to me. Ugh, I just had to sit in a table with two seats.

"Hey, Jung..Jungkook, yeah that's  your name right? What are we doing?" He whispered.

"Just copying down whats on the board," I mumbled, setting my pencil down.

He just nodded and sat there. What the heck? So he's just going ask what we're doing and then not doing? Not a surprise coming from him though.

"Alright, today we are writing poetry," Mr.Jay announced.

I smiled to myself, already brainstorming. Poetry and music have always seemed to fascinate me.

"The poem you are going to write about is based on Love, be creative,"

I took out a piece of scrap paper and began thinking. I've always dreamed about the day I find my destined partner. Now I might actually find them. But they could be anybody. But what I mostly fear is that if I do find that person, and they might not want to be with me. Not everyone stay's with their partner.

As thoughts filled my head, ideas sprouted on my paper. Pretty soon I was finished with the poem. I cleared the eraser scrapings off my paper and set my pencil down.

"Bro, can you not put your shit near my stuff?" Teahyung scoffed, clearing the eraser scrapings off the desk.

I rolled my eyes and slouched in my chair. He glared at me and looked back down at his blank paper.

"How did you finish so quickly? We're only 10 minutes in!" He shouted causing everyone to turn our direction.

I shrugged and took out my phone.