Anodyne

After the party, Jungkook was unsure of what he truly felt. He kept quiet the whole night. Of course the one person he grew romantic feelings towards, ended up being destined to someone else.

Upon arriving his lonesome apartment, he immediately drowned himself in the midst of his blankets and stared up at his ceiling. Tiny purple stars were scattered throughout the ceiling, Jungkook's eyes focused on each and every star, hoping he would feel at least something. His heart didn't ache like he expected it to. Not a single tear ever fell from his eyes. The lack of emotion, drained him. By the time his eyes became droopy it was four in the morning, leaving him only two hours of sleep.

It had only felt like once he closed his eyes, his alarm began to ring. A short dream filled with nothing. Just a blank canvas colored in black.

His alarm was continuously ringing until he finally opened his eyes and reached over to shut the pestering sound off. His vision still blurry, he blinked a couple times before his vision became clearer. He looked over to take a clearer look at the time on his clock. 6:46 a.m.. His eyes widened as he quickly scrambled out of his bed. He rushed to get ready, somehow managing. With the limited time he had, he pulled on a random pair of jeans and a loosely fitted creme cropped shirt. He rushed to his living room to gather his bag and a snack. He hurriedly put on his boots and ran out the door.

Out of breath, he made it to school surprisingly on time. Just a drop of sweat appeared on his forehead. It was 7:25 and classes would start soon. He quickly walked to his locker and nearly motionless, made his way to his dreaded first period class.

Walking in, most of his classmates were already seated. Staring back at his seat, what surprised him was seeing that Kim Taehyung was present and early. With a inaudible sigh, he walked to his seat and sat in his seat.

"Hey, you're late?" Taehyung turns towards the small male, "why is that?"

Jungkook sighs not facing the elder, "I woke up late."

Taehyung stares down at the ravennette. His hair was messy from his run, and his round cheeks were coated with a light tint of red. Unintentionally, Taehyung smiles while staring. A tingling feeling arose in his body, the sensation growing from his arms. He looks away from Jungkook, and like magic, the sensation abruptly stops. He looked around, slightly frightened. He fixed the bottom of his sweatshirt and looks towards the front of the classroom.

Their teacher soon walked in and ordered the class to continue working on their projects. With one last word he sits back down at his desk. Taehyung turned towards Jungkook, who has fallen asleep. His head rested agaisnt his arms on the desk, he was facing to his right and Taehyung could see his little pout. His hair covered his eyes, as he lightly snores. He strared down at the small boy and smiles, for a while he doesn't realize his hand had placed itself on top of Jungkook's head, his fingers threading through his soft fluffy hair. It was when Jungkook had released a small and quiet innocent moan, he realized exactly what he was doing. He quickly retracted his hand away, flustered. The quick action awoke the boy from his small nap. Jungkook slowly lifted his head up and rubs his eye, while looking around at his surroundings.

    "How long was I out?" Jungkook mumbled looking at Taehyung.

     "Uh, not long. We still have thirty minutes left of class," Taehyung answered, still quite embarrassed from his previous actions. 

   "Oh. Can you please wake me up by then?" Jungkook softly asks placing his head back on the desk.

Taehyung didn't get to answer and just stared at the sleeping boy, unsure of what else to do. He stuffed his hands in the pocket of his sweater, afraid of doing something unusual again. He turned away from Jungkook and decided to focus on something else. He took a piece of paper from his un utilized notebook and began to doodle all over it.