ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓢⓘⓧⓣⓔⓔⓝ

Jungkook woke up softly, still holding Taehyung tightly in his arms. There was something so pure with Taehyung's face when he was asleep. He seemed without worry; innocent, pure. He brushed his thumb across his cheek, mesmerized by him. He sighed at the thought of what he had said the night before. Was it too much? Was it too soon? Did he really mean it? Love was complicated for him. He always seemed to love the wrong person, and love them too much at that. Was this really love? Or something new? All he knew is that he wanted to be with him, no matter what. This man filled his every thought, every second of the day. It was sick, to be so enthralled by him. There was this energy about him, an energy between the both of them. They were pulled towards each other, like two ends of a magnet. Both were fucked, missing some parts of their heart. It seemed like the missing pieces, they found them within each other. It was fucked up. But it worked. Would it continue to work?

Taehyung's eyes shot open, making Jungkook jump. Taehyung looked away, embarrassed, noticing how Jungkook was just staring at him.

"Hey," he whispered, his voice tired.

"Hey," Jungkook whispered back, the ghost of a smile on his face.

He let go of Taehyung against his will, noticing how he was a little awkward. Taehyung stretched and looked at his hands.

"Do you want to... talk about your nightmares?" Jungkook said, hesitant.

"No," Taehyung spat, his fists now clenched, his arms stiff.

Jungkook sighed and laid on his back as Taehyung got up, putting a shirt on.

"Breakfast?" Taehyung asked, grabbing his car keys from his nightstand.

Jungkook nodded and got up too, putting on his beanie and hoodie as he stood.

They entered the diner, the familiar bell ringing. The lady looked at them entering together and frowned.

"You two buddies, now?" she asked, smirking.

"You could say that," Taehyung replied coldly.

She raised her eyebrows and poured the bitter coffee in two cups on the bar, at their usual spots. They both sat down in sync, as if choreographed, silent.

"Y'all don't look too chatty huh?" she said, snorting. "The usual for both of ya?"

They both nodded, looking anywhere but at her or each other. She disappeared in the back, ordering their usual plates of food. Jungkook was already salivating at the thought of his fluffy pancakes, his stomach empty from the memories of last night. Taehyung sat still and sipped his coffee as Jungkook played with the ketchup and vinegar bottles on the counter. An outsider would have thought they hated each other, or were complete strangers. Yet, they could feel the connection. The raw energy they shared, that they both adored and longed for. It felt like a dirty little secret, and they tried their best not to showcase it to the public. Taehyung fucking him raw on the bartop would not be the smartest idea.

The food arrived and Jungkook smiled. They thanked her and dug in like two starving dogs. Jungkook looked over at Taehyung's overcooked, burnt up breakfast.

"Why do you eat your food like that?" he asked, his mouth full.

Taehyung swallowed and sighed.

"Why do you care?" he replied, blunt.

Jungkook raised his hands, looking away, and went back to eating. It's so hot when he's cold like that, Jungkook thought to himself. He smirked.

They finished their plates too quickly, Jungkook rubbing his stomach clockwise.

"Delicious, as always," he said as the lady approached them. She smiled.

"Any wounds I gotta take care of?" she asked, hoping he would say no.

He shook his head and she smiled again, leaving with their empty plates. Taehyung looked at Jungkook, confused.

"Why would she ask that?" he asked.

"Why do you care?" Jungkook replied before taking a sip of coffee to hide his smile.

Taehyung snorted and clenched his fist, not believing he would let himself be talked to like that. He grabbed Jungkook wrists too tightly, making him gasp.

"What did you say?" he asked, his voice low.

Jungkook swallowed and smiled, his lips parted. The tension between them grew as they stared into the other's eyes, their hunger growing deeper. Taehyung approached his face slowly. Jungkook bit his lip, entranced by the man in front of him.

"I don't mean to interrupt your staring contest but looks like there's someone who wants to talk to you," she said, pointing behind them.

They both looked behind, confused.

She looked at Taehyung, crying, still in her hospital gown.

"You did it..." she sobbed.

Taehyung stiffened, his face serious. Jungkook looked at him and back at the girl, confused. Her bare feet were cut up and dirty. Bruises covered every inch of her skin. Her left eye was incredibly swollen and purple, her bottom lip cut. She was slouching, as if she could barely hold herself up. She looked like she had had a rough night. He did not know her, but Taehyung seemed to.

"You fucking did it!" she yelled.

Taehyung got up quickly and grabbed her arm, pulling her out of the diner as she tried to get out of his grasp, screaming and kicking. Jungkook took out a twenty dollar bill out of his wallet and put it on the counter, apologizing and waving goodbye. He went outside, looked around. He heard a scream to his left, so he ran towards there.

He stopped as he saw Taehyung holding the girl against the wall, fingers digging into her exposed shoulders. He looked terribly angry.

"I did you a fucking favor," he said, his eyes dark.

"I loved him, you fucking monster!" she yelled.

Uh oh. She put her hand over her mouth, realizing what she had just said. Jungkook walked slowly towards them, his hands in front of him, ready to react quickly. The word echoed in Taehyung's mind, filling his head, poisoning his every thought.

Taehyung let her go and laughed, walking backwards. He put his hand in his pocket.

Jungkook was only a meter away.

"Guys... we can talk this over..." he started, but stopped as he saw the knife in Taehyung's hand.

Everything happened in a second. The girl yelled, Taehyung plunged the knife forward. Jungkook shielded the girl. It stung. He looked down at the knife inside of him, right next to his belly button. He coughed up blood and looked at Taehyung, who was completely shocked, his eyes and mouth wide open. He felt dizzy. He closed his eyes. Silence.