ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓕⓞⓤⓡⓣⓨⓢⓘⓧ

ONE WEEK LATER

The morning light seeped in through the vast window of the bedroom, shining through the thin white curtains. Taehyung stretched his arms over his head as he slowly woke out of his slumber, his good night's sleep a positive influence on his mood. He turned to the side and smiled, his gaze meeting his lover's puffy, sleepy face. His fingers trailed on the man's forehead, pushing the messy bed hair out of his face and behind his ear, a gesture that had grown habitual to him. He told himself that he wanted to wake up like this every single day of his life; the sight of a sluggish, bed headed Jungkook seemed to be the perfect way to start the day.

"Wake up, my love."

Jungkook groaned and his lips turned into a pout, a face that Taehyung could not help but chuckle at, as he sleepily squinted his eyes and glanced around the bright room. The younger man had never been much of a morning person, and their late night at the club had taken all the energy out of him. As much as time had almost passed eleven, it still felt too early to be waking up when they went to bed at the early hours of the morning. Taehyung, a light sleeper, was never really bothered by the lack of sleep their new nightly lifestyle had imposed, but it definitely had another point of view coming from Jungkook.

"Hi," Jungkook mumbled as his stare met Taehyung's, a faint smile spreading on his lips.

His hand reached across the bed sheets to find Taehyung's, trailing across the soft blankets before intertwining fingers when they touched. The familiar butterflies awakened in his stomach; the touch of his lover bringing the same feelings as it always had. Waking up to him was probably the most comforting and reassuring way to start the day. As if all worries had suddenly flown away and only those two and their happy memories remained. As his thumb brushed against his hand, he came closer to him, leaning his head on his shoulder.

"You're tense," Jungkook noticed, his smile turning into a worried frown. "Still."

"Yeah... that investigator keeps popping in my mind," Taehyung admitted, biting the inside of his cheek. "I feel like I have eyes on me whenever I leave the house, and I know he will be showing up sooner or later."

Jungkook pushed himself up and put one arm around Taehyung's shoulder, pulling him into an embrace, hugging his head against his chest. Even days after their encounter and no other meeting, Taehyung was still as pissed and on edge as when it had just happened. He tried his best to hide it for the sake of Jungkook, but that damn investigator would simply not get out of his mind. Jungkook brushed his fingers through his hair and kissed the top of his forehead, his own thoughts trailing off to think of the particular situation they were now in. An investigator showing up was the last thing they thought would add up to their list of worries; and yet here they were.

They had thought to be out of touch for the longest time. It had been an illusion, of course, as bad things always seemed to be lurking around the corners for them. It was as if life just simply would not let them live their happily ever after, continuously chucking bad luck and concerns in their way. They knew they had not lived the best lives, had more than delved into sin and whatnot, but with all that pain and suffering they wondered why they could not get a single break, just a speck of untouched and uninterrupted happiness for once.

"Hey, you need to stop worrying about it so much," Jungkook whispered softly, a reassuring tone in his voice. "It's been a week, if he hasn't come back yet it's because he hasn't found anything more on you."

"I need to kill him," Taehyung replied, phasing out. "I don't want anyone else under my blade but him. I won't relax until I see him draw his last, pathetic breath."

It had been eating at his mind the whole week. The thought of him cut up beneath him, begging with his wide eyes filled with fear to spare him. The whole monologue about how he had family, or whatever the fuck that snake would come up with as a lie to seem worthy of mercy. He wondered how it would feel to cut his tongue out, that filthy tongue of his, and watching him bleed out to death from it. It made a shiver run up his spine.

"Well... how about I help you relax in another way..."

Jungkook bit down on his bottom lip as his hand trailed down Taehyung's bare chest. The contact of his warm skin on the tip of his fingers made him straighten in response, muscles tightening in anticipation. One thing about them is that they never truly were satiated, always hungry for the other, no matter their mood or the time of day. Taehyung looked up at him, a slight grin growing on his lips as his thoughts were now completely under his spell. If there was anything that could divert his mind from murder; it was Jungkook. He tried to push himself up to kiss him, but was pushed back on the bed by Jungkook forcefully.

"Nuh-uh," he said as he moved to sit between Taehyung's legs, a wide grin on his lips. "Sit back and watch."