Chapter Seven

Zaria's POV
    The look on Christopher's face is one that I've never seen before and one that I wish to never witness ever again.

    "What are you doing here?" He sneered. I gently ran my hand up and down his back to calm him down, which seemed to be working. Kimmy must have noticed my hand because she began glaring at me, "Who the fuck is this big bitch?" She questioned.

    Wait. Pause. The fuck did she just say? I must haven't heard her correctly, I know I didn't. I looked behind me and all around me. Then I went peep behind the couch and curtains.

    "Zaria what are you doing?" Christopher asked.

    "I'm trying to find out who the hell she talking to cause it most definitely ain't me." I replied before standing in front of her.

    "I'm talking to you. I'm trying to figure out why Christopher is standing by someone who is obviously beneath him." She rolled her neck. Lord this bitch want me to fuck her up!

    "You know what—"I got cut off by Christopher wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me into his chest. Now I know that Christopher is my boss and I'll never cross the employee and employer line, but I still smirked at the skinny bitch so she knows that if I truly wanted him then he would be all mines.

    "Zaria take Callie upstairs and lay her in bed for me please." He said never taking his eyes off of Kimmy.

    She turned to me and smirked. God what I wouldn't do to stomp a mud hole in her ass.

    "You sure?" I tilted my head up looking at him. He looked down and nodded. He placed Callie, who was sleeping, in my arms and I cradled her head in my hand. As I was walking off I felt a hand stop me. I turned to Christopher with a raised brow. Still looking at Kimmy he planted a tender kiss on my forehead. I confusingly walked up the stairs and headed towards Callie room.

    Why did he do that while looking Kimmy in the eyes? Was he trying to make her jealous? Was he letting her know that he was over her? Was he showing that he had feelings for me? I don't know what that gesture meant and to be completely honest is has me very confused.

    I pulled Callie's comforter back and placed her gently against her bed. I changed her into pj's and then tucked her in and kissed her forehead. I left a crack in her door when I was exiting her room. I walked back downstairs and as I neared the living room I heard Christopher and Kimmy talking. The devil on my right shoulder was telling me to eavesdrop, but the angel on my left shoulder was telling me to mind my business and give them privacy.

    The devil won.

    I leaned against the wall by the staircase and listened to their conversation.

    "I deserve to be in her life Christopher and you can't deny me that right." She yelled.

    "First of all keep your voice down my child is sleeping. Second of all you can't waltz back into our lives  and think that you can pick up where you left off because you can't." He replied.

    "I have every right to waltz back into your life seeing as I'm your wife." Wait, wife? He married her? And why didn't he tell me that he was married.

    "You lost that title as soon as you left your husband and daughter." I heard Christopher say.

    "I left to better Callie's future," Kimmy started but Christopher cut her off, "How is her mother leaving her at a young age bettering her future? You know what? You are bettering her future by you not being there so a real woman can show Callie what a mothers love is and what it feels like." He venomously spoke. I've never heard Christopher speak like this.