chapter one

"Selena, you have to come to the party," Mariah told Selena.

"You know my dad, Mariah. He wouldn't let me go to this party."

She rolled her eyes. "Ask him."

Selena laughed. "Okay, but he's going to say no."

Selena lived with her dad. Her mom died two years ago and yet they still couldn't figure out her death. It was weird.
Selena's dad was strict about a lot of things. Sometimes he would say no and yes but Selena knew that he wouldn't let her go to this party. The party was filled with drugs, sex and all the things you could think of but in Selena's head, she wanted to just have fun. Maybe she was going to drink but not have sex.

Selena pulled up at the house and turned the car off. She got out and walked to the front door. She walked in and threw her things aside. "Dad, I'm home." No sign of him. "Dad?" She looked through room to room but he wasn't here. "Hmm." She walked to the back door, noticing it was opened. Selena opened the screen door and walked out. She headed to the barn to see if her dad was in there. "Dad?" She walked up to the door and before she could opened the door, she heard talking. She peep her eye through the crack and saw that he was on the phone.

"They are?" He asked. "That's great. Look, I am your boss and you what I say," he command.

What was he talking about, Selena asked herself. These past days he's been on the phone.

"Don't worry, this plan will work. I got to go. My daughter is about to be home. Bye. Oh, and tell me when you get there. I want to know everything."

Selena's eyes got big. She moved away from the barn door and ran into the house. She had to pretend that she didn't hear anything.

"Hi, honey."

Selena smiled. "Hey, Dad. Where you outside?" She asked.

He nods. "Yeah. I was seeing if that dang dog was in the barn."

He lied.

"Oh."

"So, anything happened at school?" He asked as washing his hands in the sink.

She nods her head no. "Nope, but I wanted to ask you something."

"And what's that?"

She was scared to ask. She knew the answer. "Well, Mariah asked me if I could go to a party a-and I also told her that you wouldn't let me go because it's-" she was running her words fast.

He spoke up. "Sure."

"It's filled with- wait, what?" She was shocked.

He turned with a laugh on his face. "You can go."

She came up to him and filled of his forehead. "Are you sick?"

He let out a laugh. "No."

She didn't say anything.

***

Selena was in her room in the middle of the night. She was on the phone with Mariah.

"So, you're saying that your dad is letting you go?"

Selena nods with a laugh on her face. "Yes. Can you believe that?"

"No! But I am so glad you are coming. We get to drink and meet cute boys and just be wild!"

Selena rolled her eyes. "Goodnight." Selena hung the phone up.

She turned her light off and laid there. She was still wondering why her dad lied and who was he talking to?

New Jelena book. What do you guys think?