chapter two

Next day

Party

"Dad, I am leaving!" Selena yells out as jogging down the stairs.

No answer.

Selena put her jacket on and waited for him to respond but nothing.

"Dad?" Selena raised an eyebrow. Selena walked to the entrance of the living room. Before she could go way in, her dad step in front of her. She jump back. "You scared me."

He smiled. "Sorry."

"Well, I am leaving now."

"Have fun, dear." He kisses her forehead.

Selena was feeling weird about this. He never let her go to a party at night. Selena walks to the main door but turns to him. "Are you sure you want me to go?"

He nods. "Yes. Now go."

Selena left.

**

Selena was driving down the dark road. While driving down the road, Selena had Mariah on speaker.

"So, he just let you go?"

Selena nods. "Yes. It's so weird. He never lets me go to a party."

"Well, who cares. At least you are coming to this great party," Mariah said.

Selena smiled. "Are you now there?"

"I am now pulling up."

With that, Selena could hear the load music.

"Okay, Selena! I am now letting you go. THIS PARTY IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!" Mariah yells out.

Selena laughed. She hung the phone up. Selena sat the phone down and looked up at the road. With that, her car started to act up. She raised an eyebrow. "Huh?" With that, the car started to go slow. Why was it going slow, she asked herself.

Selena pulled over on the side of the road. Her car turned off.

"You got to be kidding me!" She hit the wheel. "Why now?" She never had this problem with her car.

Selena grab her phone and texted Mariah.

: I'm going to be alittle late.

No repsond.

Selena sat her phone down on the seat and then got out of the car. She stood there for a moment, not knowing what to do.
Selena walked to the front of the car and opened the hood up. She scan the inside, seeing nothing wrong with car or out of place. "Am I out of gas?" She asked herself.

Selena slammed the car hood down and with that, she screamed. A guy standing there in front of her. She went back, holding on to her chest. "You scared me."

He let out a smile. "Sorry. I can see your car went dead."

She nods. "Yeah. How long have you been standing there?" She asked.

"Not that long. But do you need any help getting your car fix?" He wondered.

She stood there just looking at him. She was scared. "Uh-"

He let out another smile. "Come on, I'm not going to do anything. I just want to help you get your car fix and running."

"Okay."

The guy walked towards the front of the car. Selena moved over, letting her arm cross to her chest.

"So, was you heading home or something?" He asked as opening the hood and bending down, looking inside.