"Cripple"

Aryll's POV

The bell rings, and I make my way over to my first period class. I think of Zelda, the girl I met on the subway. She seemed constantly on edge. She kinda reminds me of Lilly, from pokemon sun, with her shyness and her shoulder-length light blonde hair.

I'm a bit late, so I'm the only one in the hall. I hurry to class as fast as I can. I can't wait to see my best friends, Medli and Saria. As I limp down the hallway, I hear a voice.

"Hey, cripple! Still haven't killed yourself yet?"

I look for the source of the voice. It's Mido, a 7th grader with messy blonde hair and peircing blue eyes.

"It's a shame, really, because you'll never be useful in life. You just weigh everyone down! Not even your own parents cared about you!" He sneers.

I freeze, not really knowing what to do. Mido likes to say mean things to me when I'm alone, but he usually doesn't get the chance to, since my big sister, Tetra, usually walks me to my first period, since its right across from hers. Mido knows better than to pick on her siblings in front of her after she punched him in the face for it. She's been sick and has stayed home these past few days. I feel cold fear run through my body.

"M-mido, j-just let me get to class, p-please. I haven't done anything t-to you." I beg. He steps closer to me, grabbing me by my hood.

"Not so tough with out your big sister, huh? Pathetic." He growls.

I struggle out of his grip. "Well at least my hair is decent! Do you even use shampoo?" I reply angrily to him.

He stare at me in shock. "What. Did you. Just say to me?!" He demands, clearly enraged.

My rage only increases. "I said your hair makes you look like Donald Trump!" I yell back.

He inches closer to me. My anger dies down, now being replaced by fear. How could I make such a mistake? I'm such an idiot! I think to myself.

"You little bitch!" he yells, face alight with rage. He draws his hand back, and quickly swings it forward, connecting with my cheek. A wave of pain coarses through my cheek. I stand there, shocked.

Mido runs out of the building.

I rub my cheek, trying hard not to cry. It was definitely going to leave a bruise. What would Link say in third period, when he saw it? I push that thought away, and continue towards Ms. Mint's class.

I spot my green haired companion,  sitting two seat in front of my bird friend, Medley.

I take a seat between Saria and Medley. Saria gasps.

"What happened to your face?" She asks worriedly.

"Nothing. " I reply, not wanting to talk about it. "I'll tell you guys after class.  Medli is watching me with a worried expression.

I sigh, hoping classwork will distract me from the nagging pain in my left cheek.