열한

warm air touched your rosy cheeks as you entered the humble coffee shop. the familiar scent of coffee made you feel at home; you've came here so many times over the past few years, it's practically you're second home.

tessa, your friend that works here, came up to you with a large smile on her face.

"hey, beautiful! glad you came!" she says to you, her smile never leaving her face.

tessa was easily one of the most gorgeous girls you've ever seen, even though she's only seventeen. her green eyes made her mocha skin look luscious and beautiful, the freckles that dusted all over her face pointed out like light bugs in pitch black. her naturally very curly hair didn't go past her chin, but she'd never grown it out before anyway. she was wearing her apron and blue overalls, which you'd never seen her without. today she has a rainbow baseball sleeved shirt under her overalls, which made her eyes stand out.

her emerald eyes moved towards finn, and her normally mocha skin went red.
she grabbed on to your arm and squeezed like it's the only thing she's capable of doing.

"oh, tessa! meet finn. finn, meet tessa." you say gleefully.

"hey" finn says with a smile, sticking his hand out for a handshake.

"h-hey. finn. from stranger things." tessa says back, lifting her arm to link hands. she holds on for a little too long, and he starts to laugh a little.

"tessa, get to work!" misty, the co manager of Sri Lanka Café orders.

tessa gives us another warm-hearted smile and turns to get back to work.

"come sit over here," you motion finn to the left of the coffee shop to a small booth. the booth had a checkered cloth covering the small table, and the booth was cushioned with red leather.

both of you take a seat, finn scoots closer to you, leaving only a couple inches in between you.

"so, you still with olive oil?" finn asks.

"yes, i'm still with oliver." you say back with an aggressive tone.

"oh. why?" finn asks with a curiosity covering his face.

"because, i like him." you reply, trying not to get mad.

finn licks his bubblegum pink lips and sighs. he starts to move his leg up and down, something you do when you're nervous. you raise your eyebrow at him, in a gesture to explain why he was fidgeting.

"do you like me?" finn asks, his champagne eyes trying to find yours.

"i have a boyfriend, finn." you say. even if you had feelings for finn, which you don't, you have a boyfriend and shouldn't go there.

"am i ever going to get a chance?" finn asks quietly.

"i don't know. you don't live in this state, and i don't do long distance." you tell him truthfully.

disappointment washes over his face like an early morning tide.

"you don't have any romantic feelings for me? none?" finn asks, almost sounding desperate.

you tell yourself not to go there, because you know there's something there, in the back of your mind.

"finn, stop please. " you say after a long pause.

"is there anyway you think you will?" he says after a few drawn out moments of silence.

"no. just leave it alone." you tell him.

you knew you'd regret that.

-
heyyyy dudesssssss

what's brackin' broskys !1!1!1

hope u enjoyed 💘💗💝💖

xoxoxoxox, eva