열셋

you awoke in your bed, the silky sheets hugging your body. the sun's light peaked in your room and was used as the only light source.

the sounds of crickets and city sounds filled your ears. it was almost peaceful.

until you remembered why it wasn't.

you never understood why you had to always try your best, just to be let down. you had so much compassion, so much love for other people, and all they did was use you and let you down.

it hurt.

you grabbed your phone off your nightstand and checked your notifications.

finn and lydia had left you multiple messages. you're glad they at least messaged you. you needed a friend at the moment, even if they hadn't been the best previously.

you didn't bother checking the messages, not wanting to read them all yet.

you realized you were still in your day clothes, so you changed into your balloon silk shorts (that were a little too short) that had little ducks all over them and its matching silk button up. (a/n: i used to have the same getup and it was so comfy i love)

you headed downstairs, taking your phone with you. when you arrived downstairs there was two familiar voices coming from your kitchen.

you walked in your kitchen to see finn and lydia placed on your marble counter tops.

"there she is!", finn sort of yelled.

lydia and finn both jumped off the counter and hugged you.

"we've been worried sick! we went inside the flower shop to get you flowers and when we came back, you weren't there!" lydia said a little too loudly for your comfort.

a small weight lifted from your shoulders when you realized they hadn't ditched you. infact, they were gone getting something for you.

"i'm sorry, i just thought you guys ditched me", you say quietly.

"ew no, i can't stand her", finn states.

"the feelings mutual," she glared.

you giggle at the two's bickering. they already made you feel better.

"wait- how'd you get into my house," you ask.

"the window," finn says pointing towards the small window above your kitchen sink.

that's so creepy.

"so, why were you crying?" lydia says while pointing towards your stuffy eyes.

you look down, not wanting to think abouy todays previous events.

"i saw oliver. with another girl," you say whispering the last sentence.

lydia frowned and gave me a warm hug. finn's jaw was clinched. he seemed mad.

really mad.

you felt your face warm up, signaling more tears. a small tear travelled down your cheek, falling to the floor.

lydia let go and wiped my wet face. "don't cry over him babe, he's not worth it." she says with warmth in her tone.

you nodded your head.

maybe he was worth it though? he made you happy. really happy. you thought he felt the same. you really did. finn told you from the beginning, you should've listened.

you looked over at him. his jaw was still clinched and he was looking down at the floor with his arms crossed.

why was he so mad?

"my mom just texted me, she's here to pick me up. will you guys be okay?" she asked.

i nodded and gave her a warm hug. she returned it and walked to the door. she gave us a quick wave and then she was on her way.

you look towards finn, who's eyes were now on you.

"i told you,y/n. i told you," he says quietly.

"i know." you say, feeling small.

you realized more tears were falling, and you couldn't stop them.

finn was in front of you now. he pulled you into a warm hug. his grip was tight. you hugged him back, still crying.

"i don't like seeing you get hurt, y/n", he said, his voice cracking when he says your name.

you hugged him tighter in response. you were so glad he was here. you didn't know where you'd be without him.

he's made such an impact on your life in such a small amount of time. he made you feel special and loved 24/7. you were so greatful.

finn pulled away slowly and looked your face. he wiped your tears and gave you a sad, but warm smile.

"i have to go soon," he said quietly.

"i know."

"thank you," he said after a few moments.

"for what?"

"for everything. you mean so much to me," he says, his hand still on your cheek.

"same," you say lamely, not knowing how to respond. you felt a blush creep upon your face when you realized how dumb you sounded.

he laughed and pulled his hand away from your cheek.

"i have to get going. thank you for today", finn smiles.

"anytime."

.

eventually finn left, and you were left alone.

oliver wasn't even that cute anyway.

~

sup ya'llllllll
an update, as promised

okay so like, should i end this story on a sad note and like make a part two? or should i end it happily and make a brand new story??

i just have an ending for both ways and idk which one ppl will like more lmao.

so like comment :)

anddd

my snap is @/evafelmlee
so add me uwu 💛

im gonna update like in a day or two so be prepared for a filler haha

byebye <3

xx, eva

ps i didnt read this over bc im too lazy so i apologize