8

(Still Blaze's POV)

Currently walking down the sidewalk.

I threw my head back,"I'm so tired," I said to myself while yawning. Well of course you are. You didn't have a lick of sleep last night since all you could think about was leaving Val.

I couldn't help, but leave her it didn't feel right. I told my parents about my problem, but they just looked at each other and told me to figure it out myself. I've never felt this stressed. "I need to clear my mind." I said to myself.

(Valerie's POV)

I still don't know why she ran away like that last night? I tried following her, but she was too fast for me. Maybe I had bad breath or something. Who am I kidding? All I know is that I just need to find her and talk to her about last night or it's gonna bug me all day.

I closed my locker door and started my search for Blaze. I looked outside, in the bathroom, the cafeteria and any other place I could think of, but she was nowhere to be found. It's like she was purposely trying to hide and avoid me, but why? That's not like her.

"Hey Val, whach'ya doing?" I looked up and saw a grinning Pierce. "Hey Peirce, I'm just looking for someone. Anyways where's Jay at?" I said trying to change the subject.

"She's at home sick, which sucks, but don't try changing the subject you never told me who your looking for?" I looked around then back at him sighing not wanting to argue, " I'm looking for Blaze. Last night we....... Almost kissed." Pierce eyes widened and his mouth formed a big smile. I blushed and continued what I was saying, " yeah and before we kissed, she ran away."

His faced made a confused look, "Why?" "Beats me, that's why I'm looking for her to ask her. That and I need to tell her my feelings for her. I think I'm starting to like her. Like really like her." Pierce just smiled a huge grin,"Well I'll keep an eye out for her and if I see her, I'll call you." I smiled at him,"thanks, your a good friend." "I know," he said making a smug look.

The bell rang meaning school is starting so we both left for our classes. At least I'll see her in class.

But what do you think I saw when I got there? Yup, everyone but Blaze. You know what, I thought, I'm just gonna not look for her then hope she shows up somewhere.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

So it's lunch right now and I'm walking to the cafeteria, until I noticed a familiar face.

"Blaze!" I said walking towards her. She turned around in surprise, "hey, you," she said awkwardly. Did she just say hey you? "I've been looking everywhere for you. We need to talk." She glanced around nervously, "Umm, nows not a good time I'm kinda busy," she said trying to walk away. "Well before you go can I say something." She stopped and looked at me serious, "ok what is it?" "I just wanna say that I-

"Hey ready to go?" A girl said walking up to Blaze and giving her a kiss on the lips.

My heart sunk, "Oh, who's this?" She asked eyeing me up and down.

"This is my.. friend Valerie." I stood their staring at her and Blaze not knowing what to say. "Valerie was saying something when you interrupted. So what were you going to say?" Blaze said looking at me.

I snapped out of my daze and shook my head, "you know what I completely forgot. Anyways I got to go. I have a test to study for. I'll see you around." I turned around quick and walked down the hall, but was stopped.

"Val, I'm- I'm sorry you saw that." Blaze said. "Why are you apologizing you had every right to kiss whoever you wanted. It's not like we were a thing or anything like that. Besides I don't like girls like that."

She stood there for a second not knowing what to say.

I sighed, "I'll see you around. Have a good spring break." I turned around and quickly started walking to a bathroom, while tears streamed down my face.

I looked in the mirror and saw how big of a mess I looked. Why would she do this. I know we were not a thing, but she messed with my feelings and my head, confusing everything for me, something I don't let anyone do. Then when I did start feeling something for her she turns around and finds another girl. She's such a jerk! I hate her.

(Blaze's POV)

When I saw her turning around and walking away again My first instinct was to stop her and apologize, but nothing would come out. I knew she was hurt and I wanted to be there to fix it and hold her in my arms, but I couldn't move. It's like my mind was being controlled by something that wouldn't allow me to do the things I wanted to do.

But it's for the best right? I'm such a mess right now and the last thing I want is for her to be drug down with me.