14

"Valerie, Valerie, Valerie!" I looked up from my locker to see who was hollering my name and saw Jay running towards me.

"What is it?" I asked.

She stopped in front of me breathing heavily, "it's Blaze! She's fighting Pierce!"

I looked at Jay with wide eyes, then quickly followed her to the scene and she was right. When we got there I saw Blaze on top of Pierce whaling on his face.

Jay jumped in to pull her off, but Blaze pushed her away.

"Please don't interfere." Blaze warned her.

"I need to get someone!" Jay said as she took off down the hall to get a teacher.

I stood there along with other students watching and not knowing what to do.

But i couldn't take the sight of my best friend getting hurt so I jumped in.

"Blaze stop!" I yelled as I tried pulling her off Pierce. She stopped for a split second as soon as I touched her, but she hit me away, but not hard, but hard enough to knock me to the ground which hurt.

"Ow!" I said as I hit the ground. Me saying that caused Blaze to stop immediately.

She got up off of Pierce and turned to me, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." She said with pleading eyes.

"It's fine."

She started walking towards me to help me up but she stopped. Instead she stood there looking at me with hurt eyes and quickly walked away, but she didn't get far when a teacher got her then proceeded to give Pierce and her 6 hours of detention for a week.

Pierce got up and was immediately escorted to the nurses office where we followed. Once he got there and started getting cleaned up, I couldn't help but feel curious and ask what happened.

"Why were you two fighting?"

Jay and Pierce looked me, "it's mainly my fault, but also hers." Pierce said looking down at his lap.

"What do you mean?"

He looked up at Jay, "don't look at me. Look at her and tell her." He sighed and looked my way.

"Well I saw Blaze walking down the hall with a girl and I got mad and decide to confront her about why she hurt you. Anyways I began asking questions, but she answered them horribly which made me even angrier."

"What did you ask her?" I asked.

"I just asked why she led you on and then just tossed you aside once you began liking her. She smirked and looked at me and said, 'She was just another one of my targets. Once I finally knew she fell for me, I was done.'"

My heart broke when I heard him say that. I then looked at Jay, "was that true?" She nodded slowly.

"Yeah after that, I just got mad and pushed her against the lockers, which made her mad because she pushed me causing me to fall to the ground where she started punching me."

After he was done talking I walked out of the room with tears coming down my face, but I quickly wiped them away.

I was walking down the hall not knowing where I was going, but I finally knew when I walked into a classroom interrupting class and walked straight to Blaze who was napping in the back.

"Excuse me miss, but I think you have to wrong class." The teacher said, but I ignored him.

Once I was to her I shoved her out of her seat then kicked her in the stomach which made her wince in pain.