12

(Valerie's POV)

"Ok this has gone long enough!" I said talking to myself as I paced back and forth in my room. "I need to talk to Blaze and set things right again." Yeah and once she apologizes and we're friends again I can get back to my books and studying, because my concentration if off the charts right now.

I grabbed my jacket and jogged downstairs to head next door to her house, but made sure to tell my mom first.

I walked outside, shutting the door then headed walked down the sidewalk and stopped and stood in front of Blaze's house. I stood there thinking if I should do this or not. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all, I thought standing there looking at her door that was 50 feet in front of me.
You can do this. You've read plenty of teen story books to have an idea of what to do. "Right." So I sucked it up and began my march to her door.

"Hey Valerie what are you doing here?" I heard a voice say. My confidence was interrupted when I turned around and saw Kace behind me. "Hey Kace, I was just taking a walk." I said smiling trying to my best to lie, but like anyone else he saw right through it.

"I'm sure you were." He smiled, but it soon fell to a worried look. "Do your walks always lead you straight to our house." I think he knows.

I rolled my eyes ignoring his question. "Anyways, I don't think nows the best times for you to be here." He said quickly glancing at the house or more specifically Blaze's window.

I guess he knew I caught on to what he was talking about, because I couldn't help, but stare at her room, wondering if Blaze had a girl up there with her.

I didn't care if she did, all I wanted to do was talk to her or more like rant at her. But Kace stopped me gently grabbing me by my arm.

I halted and took his hand off me, if he won't let me in might as well ask why. "why can't I come right now?" I asked curious. He averted his eyes from me scratching his neck. "Kace just tell me. I probably already know the answer, but I want to hear someone say it."

He looked at me with a sorry look fixing to say something, but on cue another random girl comes walking out of the house, blushing when she sees us standing there quickly walking by us and down the sidewalk.

I looked up at Blaze's window then back at Kace, who was standing there, looking down at the ground. I felt my heart break again even though I knew what she was doing, but a part of me didn't want to believe it. why did I ever think someone like her was different than any other guys or girls.

"I'm gonna go home." I said feeling depressed again as I started walking away.

"Valerie wait up. You know she doesn't mean to keep hurting you like this..... besides she doesn't like any of those girls." Kace said catching up with me and trying to cheer me up, but is doing a horrible job at it.

"Then why does she keep doing this?" I said crying. "Why does she keep messing with me and hurting me!?" I yelled at him.

He sighs and looks down, "I- I don't know it's just-

"No I've heard enough!" I spat out. "Tell Blaze I'm done playing her mind games... tell her I'm done with her." I say looking at him angrily.

He looks up at me with a sorry look, but shakes his head ok, without arguing.

I turn around and quickly jog off back inside my house, slamming the door in the process and ran up to my room to ball my eyes out once again.

(Kace's POV)

I watch Valerie quickly running back inside her house slamming her door angrily, loud enough to where the whole block could hear it. I couldn't help but feel sorry for what Blaze is putting her through. She doesn't deserve this. The least Blaze can do is talk to her.