9

(Valerie's POV)

It's been three days since the last time I saw Blaze. Sometimes I hope that everything that happened wasn't real and just a dream and that Blaze would be barging in my room and talking my ear off. But this is reality and I knew that wasn't going to happen.

Getting tired of laying in bed reading I got up and walked to my window to stare at the morning sky. I then look over towards Blaze's house. Should I go and try talking to her again, I thought to myself. I would hate for our friendship to end.

Fixing to agree to go over to her house I noticed her front door opening and out comes Blaze. I wonder what she's doing?

I watch her a little longer and noticed her lips were moving and she turned back towards the door still talking. Maybe she's talking to her parents or something, I thought..... But I was wrong. A few seconds later a girl comes walking out of the house towards Blaze. Of course I should've known she's with a girl and the worst part is, is that it's a different girl than the one I met the other day.

I glare at them the whole time up until the girl leaves and Blaze walks back inside.

After she goes in I close my curtains and walk back to my bed grabbing my book and phone. I tidy my room and head downstairs. "Mom I'm going out for a bit. I'll be back before dark," I tell my mom, but of course she doesn't respond. I close the front door and head to my favorite spot, the tree on top of the hill at the park. It's the only place I feel at peace and can do some thinking.

Once I get there I sit down take a deep breath and begin to read my book.

Not too long into the book I hear a sniffling sound.

I look up and look around, but saw nothing so I ignored it and continued reading. But I hear it again. Getting nervous I ask,"whose there?"

I wait a while for a response then hear,"don't be afraid it's just your conscious speaking." Ok I must be going crazy or something, because there's no way my inner conscious sound like that... Does it?

I then hear small laughing then see a guy walking from behind the tree. " I'm just kinding, but I got you good you should see your face right now." The guy says laughing.

Ok I'm more confused now. Who is this guy and why was he behind the tree?

"Hello earth to whoever you are still there?" He says waving a hand in front of me. I shake my head and look at at him," sorry I was zoned out, but who are you and why are you here?"

He smiles at me, "My name is Kace Mayfair and I was just enjoying my day at the park until I fell asleep under this tree."

"I've never seen you around here before are you new?" I asked.

"Not really, I've already graduated high school and going to college elsewhere, but my parents and sister just moved here not too long ago and right now I'm visiting them for the week." He said sitting down leaning back against the tree. "Hey, you may know my sister she may go to the same school you do."

I look at him tilting my head,"really what's her name?"

"Her name is Blaze Jackson." I widened my eyes. You've got to be kinding me. How do I just coincidently meet Blaze's brother out of nowhere. What a small world.

"By the look on your face I'm guessing you know her." He says raising a brow. "Ummm, yeah we have a complicated relationship." "Really," he says looking at me questioningly. "I never got your name by the way. What is it?"

"I'm Valerie Quinton." I said looking at him. He smiles and widens his eyes,"no way! Your The Valerie Quinton? I can't believe I'm meeting you."

My faced turned to a confused look."what do you mean by that?"

"Dude, Blaze never stops talking about you. She always tells us how smart you are and how beautiful you are, which you are by the way, and how your the first girl that she could never crack." I look at him then at the ground."she probably doesn't think that now."

He furrows his brows and looks at me,"why do you say that?"

"Its a long story." I say looking at him. He shrugs his shoulders and smiles,"I've got time." I inhale and look at him, I guess I can tell him since he is Blaze's brother.

I look at him and began talking, telling him everything that's happened and he sits there looking at me and palms his face. "Blaze can be such an idiot sometimes." Sometimes?!? "Look I can't really tell you why she's doing this, but I just want you to know is that she does like you as much as you said she does. Its just that sometimes love can make you stupid." I look down at the ground nodding my head then at him. Wait love?

"Thanks for the talk." He smiles and pats my back," no problem." He checks his watch and gets up," it's time for me to head home and have a little chat with Blaze, I'll see you soon."

I smile at him as he starts walking down the hill. I then quickly grab my things and jog towards him. "Do you mind if I tag along?" He stops and looks at me,"Sure I guess you can." He says jokingly. "Hey I've been meaning to ask. If you and Blaze are siblings why are y'alls last names different?"

He looks at me curious, "oh did Blaze not tell you? My parents adopted her."

I looked at him in shock, "No she didn't."

"Shit, she's gonna kill me that I told you that, but since,I already did I might as well tell you how." He scratches his head," This happened when I was around 10 and Blaze was around 5 years old, anyways Blaze was staying the night at our house for the weekend since her parents were on a getaway trip. But then there trip turned to weeks and weeks to months.

My dad soon got a call saying his sister and her husband, who was Blazes parents, were in some accident and died. It destroyed her. But after some time has passed, my parents decided to adopt her into our family."

We stopped walking and I looked at him tears running down my face. "That's- I'm so sorry that happened." "Its fine, but it's not me that that happened to." He says looking away."anyways enough about the past. I'll try patching things up with Blaze for you... I'll see you around. Bye." He turned around and went inside his house. I didn't even notice we were already home.

I walked the 10 feet in front of my house and headed inside. I went up to my room and laid down. "I can't believe something like that happened to Blaze. She's always talkative and always seemed so happy. I never once would've thought something like that happened to her."

I laid in bed thinking about what Kace told me, until I fell asleep.

______________________

Hey guess its me again, anyways I just wanted to say is that I hope you guys are enjoying the story and if so leave a comment or vote. Also of you have any questions about the story feel free to ask.

-Peace out!