arranged marriage au (dean x reader)

with the cloak draped over her shoulders (y/n) slowly opens the giant palace door and peeped through before walking out. the hallway was dark and silent so assuming everyone was asleep, they  continue to the main door. she almost makes it to the stables when  a faint whisper breaks the midnight quiet, " (y/n)?" she turns to see her best friend, Thomas. Thomas is a servant boy  but since he and the princess were the only children in the palace they spent most of their free time together and grew very close.

 "where are you going ?",he asks confused. 

(y/n) shrugs ,"out."

"i am not covering for you again just so you can go to that tavern!"

" yes you are," she says smirking. 

"why?" 

" because you love me and if you don't i'll tell everyone you got ran over by that horse." 

he gasps ,"IT WAS ONE TIME". (y/n)grabs the saddle and looks back at him as she hops on the horse," i'll see you in the morning Tommy". " make sure your'e back before 11 . you have a meeting with your betrothed in the morning," he says rolling his eyes.

 " ew".

 " be careful!" he yells as she rides off. 

"she is so lucky she has me..."Thomas goes back to the stables to finish his duties.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

the tiny,well lit bar was completely full, 40 patrons filled the space, half of them completely wasted. (y/n) pulled her hood off her head and walked in,sitting on a rusty bar stool. "what can i get you?", she looks up to see a curly haired barkeep. 

" anything strong please."

"rough week?", she asks while pouring the cheap whiskey into a chilled glass. 

" big day tomorrow" (y/n) replies taking the glass to her lips and chugging most of it, not noticing the man around her age sitting down and gesturing to the other tender for two of the same thing you got. 

  (y/n) turns to finally look at the man who is already smirking at her. " nice cloak, very mysterious, i like it." (y/n) chuckles," thanks , i guess." she turns back around assuming the  conversation is over when he continues,"i have a big day tomorrow too, actually. i guess we both have our ways of preparation." the princess seemed a bit intrigued ," and what do you mean by that?".

"oh well, you know, going into a bar to drink away our worries". 

"i'll have you know i came to play darts". 

"really? well twenty pieces of silver says i can beat you" 

  (y/n) stands up from the stool and holds out her hand," i'll take that bet."

the man goes first, twice missing the board entirely, the last three hitting the outer bulls-eye. 

"beat that" he says with pride. (y/n) scoffs and downs the rest of her drink before grabbing the darts .  " okay, my turn" 

without hesitation she throws all of them at once,four hitting the bulls-eye, one hitting the inner bulls-eye. "looks like you owe me, but i'm afraid i have to go. pay me next time?", she lifts her hood back and heads for the door leaving the man alone once again. 

"like i said, mysterious..." 

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  thomas runs into (y/n)'s room and shakes her awake, " wake up wake up wake up!!" . she finally turns back around and looks at him, "what??". they're going to be here soon! you have to get ready!", thomas pulls her out of bed and throws a dress on the bed. " ughhh fine". 

after thirty minutes you look in the mirror, your (h/l) curled and pined in a half up half down ang emrald green dress flowing to the ground. "aww my baby's growin up" , thomas yells with stars in his eyes. 

  (y/n) and thomas walks to the main staircase seeing her parents and another family at the end of it. (y/n) runs around the corner , " i don't want to do this" . " youll be fine", thomas smiles and pushes her to the stairs . 

before walking down she looks back at thomas giving her a thumbs up, " here we go," she mutters as she walks down the staircase. 

her father finally notices her. 

" ah, (y/n) so nice of you to join us. this is dutchess mary of utopia and her son Dean." (y/n) finally looks up to see no other than the man from the tavern standing there with the same smirk he had previously. her eyes widden as he takes her hand as if this is the first time they've met. "nice to finally meet you, princess."

"you aswell..." 

they both looked over to see their parents not paying attention. 

"well,well,well look who it is. that stunt you pulled last night was pretty impressive." he held out his hand, in it a bag of siver. "i may or may not be a very expeirenced daggar thrower,"she replies sheepishly grabbing the pouch. "you said nothing of being royalty, much less engaged." he replies. " and neither did  you, dean. how about i give you a tour of the castle?" 

"that would be delightful.", he says following her out to the garden. "so, tell me about yourself".

they sit on a bench surrounded by the bright flowers that just recently bloomed. he chuckles,       " tell you what?".

"i dont know. what do you do in your spare time? do you have any siblings? i mean we're gonna have to be somewhat aqainted before marrigage." 

"okay, well, i have a little brother sam, hes off studying abroad now, i am a massive foodie and i really enjoy music. what about you?"

"only child. i spend most of my time with my best friend thomas, whose probably spying on us to make sure you dont hurt me,and i love to paint and ride horseback." 

they talked for hours and were shocked when thomas came to fetch them for dinner not even noticing the time.