The Metropolitan Government Police Office

We went into the government building, passing though security then wandering freely. I stuck with Nine, looking around a little bit, while Twelve went straight to the gift shop.

"I'm serious about buying us more time, it's no trouble"

"We don't need more time. We can't show them we have other options. Let's keep this simple for now"

I shrug. We joined Twelve at the gift shop. He was looking at pink little box shaped plushies. That's where the bombs were being hidden. The plan was to set them out around the building, at certain points.

"Three more minutes," Nine told us. "Twenty six until the power generators kick in and electricity is restored"

"Roger," Twelve sung.

"Are you straight on the plan?" Nine asked.

"Who do you think I am?" Twelve asked with a smirk.

"Someone who isn't very serious about what they do," I say. He huffs. "But I can't say I don't enjoy having some fun too"

The lights turned off, all the power in the city going out. We split up, taking the plushies we were going to set out with us. I went to the floor I was supposed to set up on and did what I was told to do. Then I ran down the stairs, out the doors and to a building across the street where Nine told us to meet up.

I stood beside him and we waited for Twelve to meet up with us. Nine pulled out his phone and dialled a number but didn't put the phone to his ear. He was calling to set off the bombs.

"Do you think everyone made it out safely?" I asked him.

"That was what we planned"

"But what about people with headphones in? Or those who are deaf? Or-"

"We'll know if there were any deaths later when the information is released to the public," he says with a sigh.

I knew he didn't want anyone to die just as much as I did. Twelve sauntered over to us, staring at the building that was about to explode. He told us a girl was left inside, but she had a plushie so we could track her and help her get out if she chose she wanted to live.

"You should go back to the house," Nine tells me, staring at the building.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"We don't need you getting caught," he responds simply.

"If any of us are going to get caught it'll be Twelve," I say, earning a nod and shrug from Twelve.

"It would probably be safer for you there, Jun," Twelve adds.

"Just go, we'll meet up when the plan is finished," Nine tells me.

I scoff, turning around and walking away. I went down to the sidewalk and started making my way towards their house. In the distance there was a loud bang, the bombs blowing up, and then the tower collapsing on itself. I glare and keep walking away from it. A bunch of fire trucks and police passed by me on the street.

"Nine, you better have a good reason for making me leave," I mumble under my breath.

When I made it back I started making some food for us to eat when the others were done. Once they got back Twelve ran over to see what I was cooking, looking excited to eat actual good food for once. Nine just went over to the desk with the unfinished technologies, working on something.

Twelve and I sat on the couch, eating our food, but Nine remained where he was, not paying any mind to us.

"Why did you send me back?" I ask, shoving another spoonful of food in my mouth.

"You need to keep yourself hidden," Nine answers. "So far they only know there are two of us involved in Sphinx, they don't need to know of our third member. You are here to take over if everything goes wrong and we die too soon"

"Why me?" I ask shakily, ignoring the words 'too soon'.

He turned around in his seat, looking at me. "You're better than the both of us. You are our secret weapon. They will only be hunting for us two, but you can do this without being noticed"

"What if Five comes? Once she sees me it's game over. You have no chance of using your secret weapon if I'm caught with you two and she sees"

"Which is exactly why you gotta stay quiet," Twelve says. "If you go anywhere with us you wear sunglasses"

"Sunglasses will do nothing"

"Oh contraire. You haven't seen your sister in... a lot of years, meaning she hasn't seen you either. She doesn't know what you look like, but only if she sees your eyes will she be able to notice who you are"

"That may work. But it'll be a close call, I wasn't exactly a nobody before I joined you two"

"It's worth a shot"

Twelve left, going off to bed now. Nine remained in the room, but he moved over to sit next to me. He put a hand on my shoulder. I kept my eyes straight ahead.

"We need you more than you may think"

"How could you? The both of you are geniuses, raised to be the smartest and most intelligent there is, in the whole world"

"You're all we have, other than each other. You know that"

"I do, I do, but I can't help but feel useless around you two. I'm worthless," I tell him, looking up into his eyes.

"You're worth everything. You aren't useless, you're important. To this plan and the both of us"

I smirk slightly, chuckling a little. "Who knew you'd be the comforting type?"

"Don't joke, we do need you"