23

Troye's pov

Two sick days, a sob story of a phone call with Hari, two cups of lemon, honey, and ginger tea, a shower, two assignments done, and a knock at the door later, I hear Jacob grumble to himself and step out of his room while I'm in an all too serious chess match with myself.

"What do you two want?" He gripes.

A chuckle from Jesse and I perk up, looking over to see him and Jaden holding up paper bags.

"Brought Chinese and vodka." They so easily earn their way in.

"Step right in." He eases up, moving aside.

They wiggle their shoes off and jump onto the sofa behind me, taking the food and liquor out of the bags. Jacob joins them and glances at the coffee table I'm sat at, scoffing and calling me a loser.

Jesse lets out a pitied laugh and pats my back, "Here, have some egg rolls."

I take what's handed to me and pipe a thank you.

"So Jacob, what are you up to? Score a date with Charlotte yet?" Jaden asks with a mouth full of rice.

"Ehh, don't think she's the one." He responses so arrogantly, making me roll my eyes.

"Of course she isn't the one," Jesse mutters, "Doesn't mean you can't get some action for the time being."

I bite into my food and try to keep it down, a sick feeling settling in my stomach.

"What about you, Troye?" Jaden questions, "Sleep with Amelia yet?"

My cheeks flush as I'm put on the spot, looking down and shaking my head no.

"Of course he hasn't. He doesn't know the first thing about getting laid." Jacob chuckles to himself, making me scoff.

"Really funny coming from you, dickhead." I mutter.

I lean back against the table and shake my head at the sofa, unable to believe my ears.

He's ridiculous!

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jacob inquires, just having to seem like a bad arse in front of his friends.

"I'm sure you know." I glare at him, the tension in the room growing harder.

"Alright boys, get a room." Jesse tries to joke, being shot down by Jacob.

"Not funny, Jess."

"Jeez, what crawled up your ass today?" He asks and picks up the bottle of vodka, "Here, you need it."

Begrudgingly, he takes the bottle and opens it, chugging it down. Jaden finds the remote and turns on the football channel, the four of us shutting up and watching. We eat and all get a share of vodka. I find myself surprised Jacob hadn't fussed over sharing the bottle with three boys, as he is so repelled by me.

Alas, I keep my mouth shut once again for another day and let him live in his own little world, controlling mine.

-

a/n: hey guys what're you all up to