Found Senses

HOLY FLIPPIN' CRAP WE HIT 1K AND 100 VOTES!!! *unintelligible noises of excitement* On a side note I finished season 2 of Doctor Who. Gah I was literally sobbing. Whyyyyyyyy?!! I am now on Blink. Eep! Sorry, the Doctor's taken over my a/n...
________________________

The first thing Nico noticed when he woke up was that his back ached from leaning against the cold bars of Percy's enclosure. The second thing he noticed was that Percy's arms were wrapped around him.

Probably because of my nightmare, that's right. Why else would he hug me?

His thoughts were scattered and disorganized, like leaves in a storm. He counted back and realized dimly they'd been trapped here for at least two months. He'd been tortured most of that time. His mind was plagued with terrors and memories and all his body knew was pain. The only light in the dark was that Percy was with him. But at the same time that was the darkest part. He knew that, eventually, Hades would start in on Percy too, just to get to him. That's what his nightmare had been about.

Nico had walked into a blindingly white room that seemed to extend for miles. He slowly spun in a circle, getting used to having sight again. He heard a sort of wheezing sound behind him and a creak like that of a door. Nico reluctantly turned around, not wanting to see what or who was in this nightmare. Unsurprisingly, he saw that it was Percy. Percy was always there. Someway or another. And judging by the leer on his face, he was not going to be nice.

"When am I ever nice to you in your sleep Nico? Really, you should know better than that by now." Percy smirked at him. Nico was slightly irritated by the condescending undertone in Dream Percy's voice. Percy slowly sauntered up to him, smirking like a hyena from the Lion King. Dream Percy prowled around Nico, looking him up and down. At this point all if the pains, aches and injuries came crashing down on him. His stance sagged and spots swam in his vision.

"Tut tut you're not lookin too good Neeky boy! Hades wearin you down or something?" Percy chuckled. "Hrm... You know, I think I'm going to leave you alone tonight Neeks. I can feel somethin' else coming and I wanna watch." Percy grinned like the Cheshire Cat and melted into the floor.

Nico grimaced. If Dream Percy wanted to watch, this wasn't going to be good. His theory was soon proven correct. It was much, much worse than anything Dream Percy could say.

The scene changed and Nico found himself in a darkened room, the only light shining on a leather chair equipped with manacles. Nico felt a shiver race down his spine. He'd been strapped to that chair time upon time again. He tried to move, towards or from the chair he didn't know, only to find he couldn't move from the spot. His belly filled with dread as a door swung open soundlessly.

Hades stormed in, gripping Percy tightly by the forearm. His face was contorted with rage and Percy's eyes were wide. He looked a bit roughed up, scrapes, cuts and bruises littering his body.

Hades threw Percy onto the chair and the cuffs magically locked around his wrists and ankles. Percy let out a shout of protest but Hades just chuckled, his back turned. When he did turn back around, there was a needle full of a sinister looking orange liquid that glowed faintly. Percy eyed it warily and pulled away as Hades approached his arm. Just as Percy started protesting, he plunged the needle in, injecting the gloop into Percy.

Percy didn't react at first, he just looked a bit confused and fearful. Then he started to shift uncomfortably. Soon he was writhing, twisting his wrists against the manacles. His mouth opened and an animalistic scream tore it's way up his throat, exploding into the air. He screamed again and again tears poring down his face.

"MAKE I-AAAAAAUUHHHH! MAKE IT STO-AAAAAAAHHHH! GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH AAAAAAAAHHHH AAAAHHHHH STO-AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" His screams were high pitched and heartbreaking. They were desperate. Nico felt tears streaming down his face.

"Stop it! he's been through enough! Stop hurting him! Me! Hurt me instead! Stop it! Stop it!" Nico screamed at Hades frantically. But the god just stood there statue like with a satisfied smile plastered on his face. He turned to Nico, still smiling.

"Now why would I hurt you when this tears you up inside ten times worse than anything I could do to you?"

This is when Nico had waken up to find Percy's arms around him. He was still blind. Percy was still mute. They were still in their strange holding cell. They were still trapped, with no end insight. His eyes pricked and he blinked uselessly. The tears still welled up and spilled over. He didn't want to do this anymore. He was tired. Tired of the pain, the torture, the blindness, the screams. He was tired of living. So when Hades walked in that day, he asked him. He asked him to stop.

"Kill me already. You've widened my cracks and shattered me now end it. Just KILL ME! KILL ME ALREADY COME ON!" Nico pleaded. He could feel Percy's hands shaking as he shook his head.

"As much pleasure as that would bring me, I believe I could do yet more damage to you. You claim to be shattered but that's not nearly enough. I want you to be DUST in the wind. Shattered and pounded into insignificant particles of rock." Hades voice went from mocking to severe in a matter of seconds. "By the way Nico, how did you like your dream last night?" Hades voice seemed to smile maliciously.

Nico's eyes widened. "NO! DONT YOU DARE START IN ON HIM AGAIN! ANYTHING BUT THAT! TORTURE ME MORE! NOT HIM PLEASE NOT HIM!" His voice was frantic and cracked.

"Well well it does have some fight left! We'll just have to fix that now won't we?" Hades' voice was like a trickle of water down your spine. Nico felt the crackling of magic in the air and a sudden fist to his chest as he was blasted back. His head cracked against the wall and he got a horrible sense of déjà vu. He blinked away the spots and looked around. Their cell really was strange looking. Like a wheel almost. He thought distractedly. Wait. He could see their cell. He could see their cell! He felt his face stretching oddly and realized he had a small grin on his face for the first time in two months. His eyes widened further. If he could see again....

"Perce? Percy can you speak again?" He inquired excitedly, looking over at the cage in the center if the room. Percy was crouched near the edge, clutching his throat, his face a mix of pain and incredulity. He whipped his head up to stare at Nico. He opened his mouth.

"Your *cough* eyes are the right *cough cough* right color." His face just about shone with happiness and surprise. Nico's mouth dropped. He had no idea how much he had missed Percy's voice.

"What do you mean ri-" His question was cut off by Hades.

"Yes yes it's all very touching and sappy. Now it's time for a change in the sleeping arrangements, yes?" There was a whirl of colors and lights and then Nico was in the cage trying not to throw up from the sensory overload. Then the situation at hand registered and he stumbled to his feet.

His eyes were as panicked as his voice when he found Percy outside the cage. "NO! NO! NONONO!" Percy looked at him with sad eyes.

"Looks like it's my turn again."

________________________________

Hahaha I bet you thought I was about to start wrapping it up! LOL NOPE! Mwuahahahahaha! But seriously I love you guys that have stuck with this and put up with the horribly written chapters. I feel like this chapter is a milestone in SotH. So until next time lovelies! *throws hugs at you*