005

"What do you mean, people like me?" Jackson stares at the ghost, eyes filled with not only confusion but concern. He understands that Jinyoung is a ghost and that it's practically in his nature to be so solemn, but he can't help feeling like Jinyoung isn't really supposed to act like that.

Jinyoung sighs.

"Virtue itself turns vice. I had too much fun with the living, now I pay the price. In other words, it was traumatic and I wish not to speak of it."
"That was very poetic of you, though I heard some Romeo and Juliet in there too."
"Indeed there was. That's one thing I remember from when I was alive, my struggle with GCSE English."

Jackson giggles at the ghosts statement, reminiscing his time at high school with his best friend, Mark. He was American, but he'd moved to England, yet the accent never left him so people were fascinated by it. Mark, however, wasn't too keen on all this attention, he preferred just being around Jackson and another boy whom Jackson had only met once or twice. He can't quite recall his name, but Mark was infatuated with him.

It shattered his heart when the boy went missing. Mark retreated into his shell even more, it was awful for Jackson, seeing his best friend like that. Of course he tried to help him, but it was to no avail.

After a year or so, Mark moved back to America. He never contacted Jackson again.

"Jackson, are you okay?" Jinyoung asks, concern brimming in his eyes.
"Y-yeah I was just...remembering stuff." He chokes out.
"Ah...I wish I could do the same."

They just sit there for a moment looking at each other. Jackson feels some sort of recognition in Jinyoung's eyes, like he knew him, but that is in no way true. Jinyoung is dead, there's no way they could know each other.

"Jackson may I ask you something?"
"What is it?"
"What do the colours on your arms mean? Why did you get them." Jinyoung pokes the different patterns and drawings on Jackson's arms, staring at them with wonder.

"I'm not really sure, I just picked things I like, I don't know why I got them." Jinyoung smiles at this, dragging his finger gently over the colours.
"If I was still alive, I'd get them too. I'd get all the colours in the world."
"That's a lot."
"I know but it would make a change, my whole world right now just feels grey. But you've....never mind..."
"Never mind what?"
"Don't worry."

Jackson decides it's best not to push any further.