You're My Target

Laito's POV

I watched her that night. Well, I watched her every night, but that night it was different. You see, that night....she actually had a nightmare. It was rare with her, but since she'd just ignored me and laid down immediately, she had only stemmed my curiosity further....and now she was having a nightmare. I stared at her, stirring fearfully in her sleep. Her hair was sprawled across her face, and as I sat in a chair beside her bed, I couldn't help but think to myself.....why was I feeling so interested in this human girl? I mean, she was a human. A simple blood bank. A toy. But here I was....watching her because I was genuinely worried about her. 

She hadn't been herself when we'd returned from her failed job. She'd been silent, but she showed emotion. It was cute when she'd blushed at me, but with her looking so depressed...I didn't like it. I wish she'd talk to me about it, but knowing her she'd deny whatever I asked. I tried to think. Yui? Could I use her? Ayato might kill me for just looking at Yui. Natsumi? I put my hand on my chin as I watched Karen scrunching her face up. No, Subaru would jump my ass for speaking to her. He's been overprotective since the whole Mukami incident. I sighed and closed my eyes. 

"L-Laito-nnh-"Karen gasped in her sleep. I jolted. A strange feeling of warmth filled my chest and I grabbed my shirt, holding it. What's this? I'm hot... In the darkness, Karen's hand was moving about the bed, gripping her sheets tightly and twisting them up in her grasp. Tears squeezed from her shut eyes and fall down her cheeks. My eyes widened. I reached out and gently took  her hand in mine. She almost immediately seemed to relax. Her breathing slowed and her face softened again. This time her emotion was different. What...now she's calm? I frowned and wrinkled my eyebrows. What is this girl....doing to me?

Karen's POV

In the morning(well, not really morning but about dusk) I woke up with a weight across my waist. It was actually comforting. Wait...comforting.... I quickly sat up. The arm tightened around me. My eyes focused and I saw that it was Laito. He was fast asleep, his hat absent from him as he laid there. I blushed. What the hell is he doing sleeping in my bed? I wondered. I ground my teeth. 

"Laito, what in the hell do you think you are doing?"I hissed. His eyes popped open and he looked up at me with surprise. He smiled, sending a strange feeling through my body. "Get out of my bed!" He closed his eyes, still smiling, and chuckled at me, pulling his arm from my waist and holding his hands up defensively. I quickly grabbed a pillow and rose it. "GET. OUT. OF. MY. BED." He quickly disappeared and reappeared beside the door. 

"Awwww,  Karen-chan, why are you so negative towards me?"Laito asked me. I tossed the pillow at him and he dodged it, allowing it to slam into the wall. He snorted and left. I sighed and put on the stupid uniform and went to the dining room. I sat beside Natsumi who offered me a smile. I gazed back at her boredly and stared at my empty plate. 

"Asahina-chan, are you not eating?"Yui asked me. I looked at her. She tilted her head to the side. "Even as a vampire, I remember being human. You need to eat something." I sighed. 

"Fine,"I replied. She smiled at me and passed me a tray of something. I took some of it and sat it on my plate boredly. Why am I listening to her? She's nice, but...I'm forgetting my goal. Kill Laito and leave. Kill Laito and leave. I ate in pure silence, my mind slowly trailing back to the burnt lotus. Natsumi gasped slightly. I glanced at her and shook my head once, with my eyes wide in warning. She stayed silent and turned back to her food in front of her. 

"What's wrong with You?"Reiji asked Natsumi. She glared at him. 

"Nothing of importance to you, Reiji,"she shot at him. Geez, what a dick. Is he always like that? I thought at her. She snorted and picked at her food on her plate. I sighed and stood up.