Ayato x Yui: A Vision or A Nightmare?

The rain pounded down hard on the windows. Yui's eyes were open, staring at the wall, while she felt the comfort of Ayato's arm over her waist holding her to him. He was fast asleep, as he always was, and Yui was half tempted to wake him up. 

She'd had the dream again. The same one she'd had for a while. That someone would come and take Ayato and the brothers away from her. With Natsumi here, the risk wasn't that great anymore, and it was kind of easier to believe that Natsumi would help her protect the brothers....but because she'd had this dream for about a year now, it was just weighing on her heart. Something about the dream made it feel real...more than a nightmare should. Almost like she was having a vision. She didn't doubt that if anything it was just a nightmare...but she had her worries like everyone else. Her hand found Ayato's in the dim light of the room and laced their fingers together. The slight motion caused him to wake up. 

"Oi.....pancake.....why are you awake?"Ayato murmured, annoyed. He pressed his face into the back of her neck and she sighed. He inhaled her scent, glad that she was there in his arms. He didn't usually have bad feelings about being separated or anything like that from her. He always just figured she'd be there with him forever. Never leaving his side....never really growing old. To him, when she'd turned a vampire, it was a blessing, rather than a curse. It was welcoming to have her by him like that. 

"No reason,"Yui lied. Ayato opened his eyes and gazed at her laying there, still in front of him. He could tell she was lying to him. She rarely ever lied. She doesn't want me to worry, Ayato thought to himself. He kept his eyes trained on her in the dim light. 

"You had the dream again, didn't you?"Ayato murmured. Yui flinched. His eyes softened. It happened maybe once a week. She'd wake up from the dream, and he'd comfort her. He didn't mind comforting her, but he wasn't going to tell her that. She could probably figure that out on her own, as dimwitted as she was. He sighed and pulled her so she was spun around and her face was pressed up against his bare chest. He sighed and rested his lips on the crown of her hair, closing his eyes, and preparing to promise her what he promised her every single time she woke from this petrifying dream. 

"Wha-"

"I've told you a thousand times, Pancake,"Ayato sighed at her. She blinked, her eyes looking up at what she could see of his face. "I'm not going to leave you." She blushed and buried her face in his chest, earning a small blush in return from Ayato. God, she's so cute sometimes. How does she manage to be flat chested and cute? That's not supposed to be a normal combination. 

"Don't." 

And slowly the two drifted back off to sleep in each other's arms.

And thought they slept, Yui didn't forget the nightmare, hoping that it would never come to pass as she feared it would. 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••    

Heyyyy! 

A little Yui x Ayato for ya. This is a bit B.K. (before Karen) lol, so it might seem out of place. I hope you liked this little filler, but keep in mind. Yui's dream plays a BIG part in this story. 

Anyhow, hope you like my book so far. 

ADIOS